Cirrus Perspective+ Avionics

On 6/23/2024 at 6:02 PM, Coop said:

RealSimGear now offers a Perspective+ addon to our SR2X G6 Pro aircraft. This requires RSG hardware. There are not plans for a retail version of this. 

Thanks Coop, I appreciate your input. I have the RSG hardware which works well with the Torquesim aircraft, but the functionality is being provided by TorqueSim, which it does pretty well. I am aware of the Perspective+ software recently launched by RSG, although I don't yet fully understand what justifies the high price tag. Does your response suggest that TorqueSim has frozen all Garmin development for the Cirrus at the Perspective level, with no plans to ever support the Perspective+ functionality of the newer aircraft?

• Upvote 1

We've never had custom Perspective+ avionics on our internal roadmap for development, it would be a massive project (years of development) out of scope to what our team has capacity for. We will still be working on our existing aircraft for X-Plane, but they are the G3 aircraft with our modifications to the X1000. (Which has a nice feature set enhancement with the soon-to-release X-Plane 12.1!)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2024 at 7:23 PM, Coop said:

We've never had custom Perspective+ avionics on our internal roadmap for development, it would be a massive project (years of development) out of scope to what our team has capacity for. We will still be working on our existing aircraft for X-Plane, but they are the G3 aircraft with our modifications to the X1000. (Which has a nice feature set enhancement with the soon-to-release X-Plane 12.1!)

This is slightly confusing - there is a SF50 being developed with custom avionics, right?

17 hours ago, dlrk said:

This is slightly confusing - there is a SF50 being developed with custom avionics, right?

The SF50 has a G3000 with Perspective Touch+. The question here was about Perspective Plus. Nothing has changed on that front. :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

With reference to Coop's earlier reply indicating that there are no plans to develop the CirrusG6 with Perspective Plus avionics, this is disappointing because increasingly in real life this is becoming the most common type of Cirrus in use, given the development of the latest G7 and the Cirrus jet, all with touch avionics. I'm also surprised that the update would require such substantial development, given the many similarities between Perspective and Perspective Plus. But anyway, obviously you guys know best. What I am confused by is the existence of the Cirrus SR20 G6 in your product catalogue, I think under the 'professional' heading, but with a hefty price tag and no product description that I can find. Does this mean that the G6, with Perspective Plus, is already available but under a different product category? How can I find out more about this and is it an option for me to buy for my home sim which utilises RSG hardware? Even if I bought the RSG Perspective Plus software package, I presumably would need an aircraft from Torquesim for the software to overlay? To clarify my objectives: I have a full flight sim at home, purely for my own use, running X-Plane 12 with Torquesim Cirrus a/c. I have the full set of RSG hardware for Perspective Plus, which will operate (with some quirks) on the Perspective-based Torquesim SR20/22 models. In the real world I fly a Cirrus SR20 G6 and I'm trying as accurately as possible, to model that aircraft on my home sim. Are there further Torquesim products that would move me closer to the end game?

Your further advice and guidance would be much appreciated.

13 hours ago, PerspectivePlus said:

What I am confused by is the existence of the Cirrus SR20 G6 in your product catalogue, I think under the 'professional' heading, but with a hefty price tag and no product description that I can find.

The product is only found if searched for, and not in normal retail navigation paths. There's no description because it's actually for RealSimGear to purchase from us, and they know what they're getting. They then take the software, install it, and ship off FAA certified AATD's.

Does this mean that the G6, with Perspective Plus, is already available but under a different product category?

Yes, it's available in the Professional market. It's not on retail because retail requires a lot more work in the 3D side to adapt, whereas the AATD's are physical cockpits with hardware supplied by RealSimGear.

How can I find out more about this and is it an option for me to buy for my home sim which utilises RSG hardware? Even if I bought the RSG Perspective Plus software package, I presumably would need an aircraft from Torquesim for the software to overlay?

Yes, you can purchase it, either as an AATD from RealSimGear, or if you own their hardware, as a licensed software copy from us at X-Aviation for the price you have already managed to find.

16 hours ago, PerspectivePlus said:

With reference to Coop's earlier reply indicating that there are no plans to develop the CirrusG6 with Perspective Plus avionics, this is disappointing because increasingly in real life this is becoming the most common type of Cirrus in use, given the development of the latest G7 and the Cirrus jet, all with touch avionics. I'm also surprised that the update would require such substantial development, given the many similarities between Perspective and Perspective Plus. But anyway, obviously you guys know best. What I am confused by is the existence of the Cirrus SR20 G6 in your product catalogue, I think under the 'professional' heading, but with a hefty price tag and no product description that I can find. Does this mean that the G6, with Perspective Plus, is already available but under a different product category? How can I find out more about this and is it an option for me to buy for my home sim which utilises RSG hardware? Even if I bought the RSG Perspective Plus software package, I presumably would need an aircraft from Torquesim for the software to overlay? To clarify my objectives: I have a full flight sim at home, purely for my own use, running X-Plane 12 with Torquesim Cirrus a/c. I have the full set of RSG hardware for Perspective Plus, which will operate (with some quirks) on the Perspective-based Torquesim SR20/22 models. In the real world I fly a Cirrus SR20 G6 and I'm trying as accurately as possible, to model that aircraft on my home sim. Are there further Torquesim products that would move me closer to the end game?

Your further advice and guidance would be much appreciated.

I think the product you'd be interested in is this combo of the G6 aircraft (discounted for home use, non-BATD/AATD) with the RealSimGear Perspective+ avionics: https://realsimgear.com/products/realsimgear-perspective-software-suite?variant=41433847300182

This requires the RealSimGear Perspective+ stack (GCU479, 2x G1000s, etc.) at minimum in terms of hardware to work.

• Upvote 1

Coop and Cameron, many thanks for your speedy reply. I have all the RSG Perspective+ hardware, and I use it on the Torquesim Cirrus aircraft, where despite the obvious incompatibility between the Perspective+ hardware, and the Perspective avionics in the Torquesim aircraft, it all works pretty well. The hardware also works pretty well with the native Laminar SR22, which does have Perspective+ avionics.

I still don't understand what the RSG software package offers, but I note it is based on the Torquesim G6 a/c, which retail customers don't have access to. I have had an email exchange with Jarrod at RSG about their Perspective+ software, but I'm still in the dark. The examples shown on their website show screens which are already provided by Torquesim in the G2/G3 models, so I have been unable to establish what value the RSG software provides over and above the excellent avionics functionality already provided by Torquesim. It causes me to think that if I could buy the Torquesim G6 aircraft, with the Perspective+ avionics, why would I need the RSG software at all? But then it seems that I can only get access to the Torquesim G6 a/c if I buy it through RSG with their software.

Looking at your replies, does that mean that although Torquesim have developed a G6 SR20/22, they have not made any attempt to upgrade the avionics modelling to reflect the Perspective+ hardware fitted to these a/c?

The RSG Perspective+ software offered on the RSG site offers a few purchasing options, one of which is "Perspective Plus software only - customer already has Torquesim G6 model" which is interesting, because it's not clear how anyone could already have the Torquesim G6 model because it is not readily available to retail customers. If one could buy the Torquesim G6 model, and it had Perpsective+ avionics in some form and was priced in line with other Torquesim products, I would gladly buy it.

The RSG website says in a footnote: "For customers that have the home/personal Torquesim G3 aircraft license - $1495 for the software plus $1145 to upgrade the aircraft model to the G6 plus a one time $199 setup fee for a total of $2839." This, I guess, suggests that the Torquesim G6 aircraft model is only available through RSG and for the hefty sum of $1145, and then to make that work at all you need the RSG avionics software at an additional cost of $1495. Given that the excellent Torquesim SR20 G2/G3 aircraft model, with very comprehensive Perspective avionics, is available all-up for $54.95, it is completely baffling to know how these two product offerings can be reconciled. For those wishing to use the Cirrus G6 with Perspective+ avionics on their home sim, I guess the only options are to stick with the Torquesim G2/G3 with Perspective avionics, which is an incredibly realistic product, or perhaps look at MS Flight Sim for their native SR22 which has Perspective+, combined with very clever, and free, updates to the NXi G1000 kit from Working Title.

So in summary, my understanding is that the Torquesim G6 aircraft model does exist but is not available to retail customers, and even if it was, it would not have functional Perspective+ avionics. That's really disappointing, because the Torquesim products are excellent, and good value for home sim users. The Cirrus SR20/22 is currently the best selling light aircraft in the world and perhaps if that trend continues, it will justify Torquesim refocusing efforts to update the existing, excellent models. Let me know if I have misunderstood the situation in any way, and thanks again for your help.

14 hours ago, PerspectivePlus said:

Looking at your replies, does that mean that although Torquesim have developed a G6 SR20/22, they have not made any attempt to upgrade the avionics modelling to reflect the Perspective+ hardware fitted to these a/c?

TorqueSim owns the aircraft. RealSimGear owns the Perspective+ Software Suite produced by @Coop for them. The hardware does model the proper avionics for Perspective+.

Given that the excellent Torquesim SR20 G2/G3 aircraft model, with very comprehensive Perspective avionics, is available all-up for $54.95, it is completely baffling to know how these two product offerings can be reconciled.

For a grand total of $2,839 you get:

• A software suite to upgrade your RealSimGear hardware avionics to Perspective+
  • A licensed copy of the TQSIM G6 engine and flight dynamics upgrade

Combining the two gets you a complete G6 package, as you're looking for. The reason this is not sold for retail is because the 3D model and displayed avionics in sim does not change, therefore, RealSimGear hardware is required to make it look and feel like a G6. The Perspective+ software suite from RealSimGear does not render virtually in the sim, only on their hardware screens.

So in summary, my understanding is that the Torquesim G6 aircraft model does exist but is not available to retail customers, and even if it was, it would not have functional Perspective+ avionics. That's really disappointing, because the Torquesim products are excellent, and good value for home sim users. The Cirrus SR20/22 is currently the best selling light aircraft in the world and perhaps if that trend continues, it will justify Torquesim refocusing efforts to update the existing, excellent models. Let me know if I have misunderstood the situation in any way, and thanks again for your help.

You've got it right. Many of these SR20/SR22 owners are just purchasing the above package to have at home. There are no plans to bring it to retail in the future. We catered to the demand that was asked of us, which included the hardware. The people who typically buy these planes (the real ones, not sim ones) don't worry about the simulator setup cost. Doesn't apply to all of them, but does seem to apply to a lot of them.

See this video as well:

• Upvote 1