Updated to X-Plane 12.1.0 Beta and am not seeing any issues so far with the 737-300.

I thought I would start a new topic in case anyone else wants to add their comments. Just did a very short flight with the new x-plane update version 12.0.1 beta. All the systems seem to work well. The day and night lighting look good and I'm not seeing any dark cockpit issues in the daytime.

I'm not sure if any modifications had to be done but the transition at least for me went well. 

Thank you all for your hard work.

• Like 3

I did notice a minor issue that I believe that I may have created by playing around with the new "Robust Contrast Adaptive Sharpening" (RCAS) setting. After setting it to 100%, the Captain's FMC display seem to layer one display over another, the more key inputs I put in, the more the screen layered on top of the old display. After a while with no further input the display started to clear on its own. 

I did another flight after restarting X-Plane and left the (RCAS) setting on 0% and the problem did not reappear. Not going to file a bug unless others experience the same issue.

Also, the first officer's FMC did not display any issues at all.

IXEG 732 FMC.png

• Like 1

I haven't reported it yet, but I can confirm that it manifested even before the beta. To temporarily restore FMC, just tap on the left menu or gizmo menu Then the problem comes back. I always fly always with Zink, I think Zink is the problem

Edited by giacer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a stutter every 7 seconds. I reported this a while back on the Gizmoo stutter thread but it went away once in the air. Now it happens all the time when I'm inside the cockpit. It's fine outside.

737.png

I just flew a pattern around EDDF in 12.1.0 beta-4 and could not perceive any stutter (framerate low 30s).

On the framerate graph you can see the framerate drop slightly every few seconds, this is likely due to additional CPU time required to poll the terrain database like Ben said.

On 5/30/2024 at 7:27 AM, Litjan said:

I just flew a pattern around EDDF in 12.1.0 beta-4 and could not perceive any stutter (framerate low 30s).

On the framerate graph you can see the framerate drop slightly every few seconds, this is likely due to additional CPU time required to poll the terrain database like Ben said.

Thanks for checking. I could detect a stutter coinciding with it sometimes but not every one. Probably best to wait for the current betas as they seem to be making adjustments on performance.

3 hours ago, GusRodrigues said:

I have these small stutters everywhere, but was identified and rectified partially on beta 5. 

That was a separate issue with XP itself. This is just a 737 thing.

On 5/30/2024 at 7:27 AM, Litjan said:

Checked again and WX was off. That and terrain didn't make a difference. The visual effect seemed to depend on if the system had to load anything else (like changing my view). About 20% of the time I'd get a noticeable stutter.

I thought I would give you an update on the issue I posted on this thread on May 18,2024. I have not had any problems with Captain's FMC display since I reported it. Also, I have left the "Robust Contrast Adaptive Sharpening" (RCAS) setting on 0%. I have flown the 737-300 about 50 times since my first post and no issues with the display. I'm currently on XP 12.1.0 beta 6.

Plane flies great!

AROUS Pro AX Z590
11th Gen Intel i1-11700K @ 3.60 Ghz 32G Ram
Nvidia GeForce 3090 Ti 24Gb Memory 
Windows 11 Desktop Home Edition

• 2 weeks later...