Fun in NZ

Simmo W

Really enjoying the trip, wow it's a very big island, it took a little over 5 hrs to get from Auckland to Smelly Rotorua.

Here is an amazing NZ delicacy- ginger beer icypole!!! Really good too. Loving the crazy NZ accents, some really extreme versions. We were chatting to a lovely lady from Nilson before I realized she was really from NELSON....

93953181.jpg

I am SO showing Theo this thread!!

Of course G! And ask T if there are any other unusual tastes to sample over here. I tried the 'world famous in NZ' L&P lemonade, but couldn't really taste the P bit, sort of like flat lemon drink, nevertheless refreshing.

My only criticism of NZ is its town names- they all look the same after awhile. Whakarewarewa or Whakamarama, I have no Idea where I've been!

Of course G! And ask T if there are any other unusual tastes to sample over here. I tried the 'world famous in NZ' L&P lemonade, but couldn't really taste the P bit, sort of like flat lemon drink, nevertheless refreshing.

My only criticism of NZ is its town names- they all look the same after awhile. Whakarewarewa or Whakamarama, I have no Idea where I've been!

The "P" is the name of a place lol! :)

Ha Glad your enjoying it. The north Island has some bad accents. We talk reasonably normally down in christchurch. Had all the accent shaken out of us. ;)

YES GINGER BEER ICE BLOCKS. Discovered them about 2 weeks ago. Was amazing.

Did you go to Waikikamukau :P. Andy will have a good laugh at that. (If you can't straight away get it read it loud)

And lastly, atleast over this side of the ditch, our wildlife don't steal our young B)

Edited by -TheoGregory

Ha, not so many creepie crawlies either I bet! I finally had the lemon lime and betters icypole, very nice! Even my kid loved it, a worry that.

How do u put up with the petrol prices???!!! Sheesh, $2.10 a liter, even with our exchange rate it's crazy expensive. Good job it's only a tiny island - not many hills either :-)

Waikikamukau? Because it is fun!!!! ;) the further south you go the more Scottish sounding the names get, Invercargil being the most extreme! You can order fish and chips just by saying 1 fish and a scoop thanks ( I remember in Melbourne saying that phrase 3 times before someone pointed out I needed to say the type of fish and order size of chips......talk about complicating a simple process!!). Oh, you do realize that the only active volcano here is not far from Auckland? ;)

Have fun here.

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

Im sure she said that Chris! I'm even starting to say some thungs strangely!

You'll be flying over us on the inter islander ferry to Picton, so wave!

Took the over lander train from Auckland to Wellington. Seriously, one of the great train journeys of the world, stunning scenery.