Project 3

Goran_M

It's great to hear how much work is put into that plane. I am sure it is really worth it. It's a beautiful plane with some cool specs. Will you also include custom sounds?

Yes, there will be custom sounds. 

(I love the sound of a turboprop spooling up from cold and dark!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The more realistic the better.  I have spent countless hours learning this plane and it's systems with the hope of one day flying it in the real world.  I may never get that chance but this will do for now. To date there has only been one payware Saab 340 that ever came close to replicating the systems and it only worked on MSFS 2004. It looks like this one will be more than good enough for me to fly.  If you actually manage to recreate the complicated electrical buses I will be very impressed.  I have only a few questions that has not been addressed on this thread yet to my knowledge.   Did you include the explosive bolts in the landing gears emergency deploy feature?  This is a very complicated and quite complex aircraft but you seem to be going to extraordinary lengths on the accuracy.

Thanks in advance I am looking forward to buying this when it is ready... along with a copy of X-Plane, a new vid card, and flight controls.

The more realistic the better.  I have spent countless hours learning this plane and it's systems with the hope of one day flying it in the real world.  I may never get that chance but this will do for now. To date there has only been one payware Saab 340 that ever came close to replicating the systems and it only worked on MSFS 2004. It looks like this one will be more than good enough for me to fly.  If you actually manage to recreate the complicated electrical buses I will be very impressed.  I have only a few questions that has not been addressed on this thread yet to my knowledge.   Did you include the explosive bolts in the landing gears emergency deploy feature?  This is a very complicated and quite complex aircraft but you seem to be going to extraordinary lengths on the accuracy.

Thanks in advance I am looking forward to buying this when it is ready... along with a copy of X-Plane, a new vid card, and flight controls.

I'll do what I can within the bounds of what is available to me.  I do not plan on adding a failures module customized for the Saab.  This was originally intended to be a "lite" version of the Saab but we do want to add the CTOT as it is an integral part of the aircraft.  I do want to make it highly detailed but it won't be a dedicated study sim.  It will hopefully come close, though.  The majority of it is done.  All the gauges are working "almost" accurately.  The only things left to do are adding a plethora of manipulators, click spots, making sure everything works and is linked to all the switches, a little more texturing and finally programming the CTOT system, which will take a few weeks.  We are working very hard on this along with other things but we are optimizing our time to make sure nothing slows down. 

• 3 weeks later...

CTOT still needs to be programmed. 

Some textures will be re done and some of the 3D mesh will be re done as well.  Flight model is done.

If we sit and work on it non stop from today, without the programming, it would take about another 6-8 weeks to finish.

I know I said it would be ready a lot earlier but we are discovering new things and how to make them work.  Theo's texturing is getting damn freaky lately too so that's why he wants to go back and re do some stuff.

I can't elaborate on what we have done yet.  But I will be throwing up some screenshots soon.

When I saw what Theo did, it sure as hell took me by surprise.

:)

and part of the fun is the waiting, the anticipation. funny, as soon as a plane is released there are often new queries about what's coming next...we're never satisfied!

Like a kid on Christmas morning who just can't wait to get out of bed and open his new presents  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Could we please have some new screenshots. This forum has gone a bit quiet lately.

A wise man once said...When all is quiet, many things are happening.

Can't show you screenshots yet.  Theo is going over the textures and re doing quite a few of them. 

We have big plans for this plane.  The modeling is getting an overhaul.  We both decided the panel wasn't good enough so I started building a new one yesterday.  All but the MCP is done. 

Expect new screenshots with new textures in about a week.