installation error and then when installed system crashes due gizmo incompatible

malenca

You would have needed to provide screenshots of the installation error for us to know what happened. And now you’ll need to provide Log.txt from X-Plane after it crashes. However I suspect you need to do a full uninstall and reinstall to begin to solve the issue.

Thanks for the Log.txt

It tells me exactly why Gizmo has decided to quit.

I have contacted Laminar to ask for further details...

I have tested XP 12.09-rc5 under Rosetta and Gizmo is still working for me.
It may be something to do with your macOS version.

A fix may require an update to Gizmo....

1 hour ago, malenca said:

Ah ok… but anyway any news about this issue on gizmo preventing to install any acft from X-aviation….???

Please don’t post on unrelated threads. You have your own. (To which this has been merged.)

Edited by Pils

6 hours ago, malenca said:

Ah ok… but anyway any news about this issue on gizmo preventing to install any acft from X-aviation….???

No. We've never come across the error you've shown. You might want to try installing a demo copy of X-Plane elsewhere on your computer and ONLY install the aircraft you're trying to use in it to see if it loads there. If so, then something in your old sim install may be causing this clash.

done and same results...any other suggestion?

I could partially run on a version that I found on X-plane.org and running  gizmo64 version 23, X-Aviation.plugin  and  Gizmo64-Avionics.plugin.

The first one loads and doesn't crash but the airplanes doesn't work. Maybe something regarding the use of gizmo  on intel base mac's.... The ones on x-aviation (and I have almost all) are having the same behavior. I have seen something similar on other posts regarding the 737...

attach the log with no crash...using 737, airplane shows perfect from outside and inside panels with partial lights and no interaction with switches.

thank you

Log.txt

Edited by malenca

Unfortunately I don't have further recommendations on this one for the time being. The Gizmo version you reference will not work with the 737 and various other products, and we don't recommend the use of it.

Wish I had something else to go by for you, but so far you're the one and only.

FYI...

I manage to have the challenger running with no issues on GIZMO64  version 23 x-aviation plug in. Installed on your package and before running I deleted the gizmo installed by your installer and replace with the one above..

Looks like all good....

• Upvote 1