Take Command!: IXEG 737 Classic Plus v1.5.2 Update Released!

Cameron

12 hours ago, jsperl said:

Oh well, I snoozed I lose

Exactly. There is one mailing list. You unsubscribed from it. X-Aviation honored your choice.

There is really nothing to argue about here and keep doing so will risk people reading along tying their ocular muscles into a knot.

15 hours ago, Litjan said:

Exactly. There is one mailing list. You unsubscribed from it. X-Aviation honored your choice.

There is really nothing to argue about here and keep doing so will risk people reading along tying their ocular muscles into a knot.

Well, to be fair, I said that I don't know if I unsubscribed or not. But that is not really the point, though you guys do seem a bit eager to penalize customers for doing so. Your policies are your choice of course, but they seem short-sighted, and out of step with most of the software industry these days.

Few people are more enthusiastic about supporting small developers than I am, and I have put untold $$$$ toward my belief that those who provide good value should be rewarded, including a fair amount to X-Aviation. Rarely if ever do I balk at or whine about their pricing structure.

But I do not enjoy paying full price for the same product twice, especially given the first one was never really finished to its promised potential. If X-Aviation had said, "well the $15 promotion is over, but we do have an ongoing upgrade price of say, $40" I would not have hesitated - I happily pay upgrade prices all day long. This is what most of the industry does, because they're looking at the bigger picture, and truly care about rewarding and retaining customer loyalty.

I used to really like X-Aviation (as demonstrated by repeated purchases), but this is leaving a real sour taste for me. Again you polices are your choice, but I'm not sure you can really know the true cost long-term of this philosophy.

30 minutes ago, jsperl said:

I used to really like X-Aviation (as demonstrated by repeated purchases), but this is leaving a real sour taste for me. Again you polices are your choice, but I'm not sure you can really know the true cost long-term of this philosophy.

Our decision regarding the upgrade policy is a choice we've made based on various factors unique to our business model and the niche market we serve.

The comparison to broader industry practices is not really a valid point of discussion, as our approach to this is rooted in our experiences and the sustainability of our development efforts. We aim to balance the need to support ongoing development with the desire to offer value and appreciation to our loyal customers. The specific upgrade structure used here has also been used in various other products of ours for many years. We have the data to know the true long-term cost already.

Regarding the specific instance of your e-mail subscription status and the missed upgrade opportunity, I've taken the liberty of reviewing your history with our mailing system. It appears that you unsubscribed in July of 2022 with the selection reason being "No longer interested." This action, while entirely within your right, unfortunately meant that subsequent communications, including promotional offers, could not be delivered to you.

Our goal is not to penalize customers but to navigate the complexities of communication preferences and promotional offerings in a way that respects both customer choice and our policy framework.

16 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Our decision regarding the upgrade policy is a choice we've made based on various factors unique to our business model and the niche market we serve.

The comparison to broader industry practices is not really a valid point of discussion, as our approach to this is rooted in our experiences and the sustainability of our development efforts. We aim to balance the need to support ongoing development with the desire to offer value and appreciation to our loyal customers. The specific upgrade structure used here has also been used in various other products of ours for many years. We have the data to know the true long-term cost already.

Regarding the specific instance of your e-mail subscription status and the missed upgrade opportunity, I've taken the liberty of reviewing your history with our mailing system. It appears that you unsubscribed in July of 2022 with the selection reason being "No longer interested." This action, while entirely within your right, unfortunately meant that subsequent communications, including promotional offers, could not be delivered to you.

Our goal is not to penalize customers but to navigate the complexities of communication preferences and promotional offerings in a way that respects both customer choice and our policy framework.

That's ok, I get it. Sadly, nobody wins here. I have no more to add.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, maor grinberg said:

fps is still horrible with a 13900k \ 4090 \ 64GB of RAM.

In looking at your post history I can't find previous statements like this. I also don't have wide reports of such.

What are you referencing when you say "still horrible"?

16 hours ago, Cameron said:

In looking at your post history I can't find previous statements like this. I also don't have wide reports of such.

What are you referencing when you say "still horrible"?

I'm saying that the frames fluctuate between 40 to 20 depending on how I move around the cockpit, this does not happen in other aircrafts.

15 hours ago, maor grinberg said:

I'm saying that the frames fluctuate between 40 to 20 depending on how I move around the cockpit, this does not happen in other aircrafts.

What happens in other aircraft is irrelevant. Every 3D model, system simulation, and choice for graphics is different from developer to developer.

It sounds like you have some pretty high rendering options set and you're paying for it  with IXEG.