Distorted sounds - 1.51

Deceiver

if your particular problem is solved with FTSIM+ 'soundpak'....and that soundpak is simply replacement WAV format files...then that would suggest that its not the underlying openAL engine causing the issue and possibly a specific sound file in some capacity.   An audit of what sounds FTSIM+ implements vs. ours would be needed.  A 3rd party soundpak doesn't have to replace all sounds for example...and since I'm not familar with FTSIM+, I couldn't say what exactly they provide.  

TK

On 11/13/2023 at 10:08 AM, tkyler said:

if your particular problem is solved with FTSIM+ 'soundpak'....and that soundpak is simply replacement WAV format files...then that would suggest that its not the underlying openAL engine causing the issue and possibly a specific sound file in some capacity.   An audit of what sounds FTSIM+ implements vs. ours would be needed.  A 3rd party soundpak doesn't have to replace all sounds for example...and since I'm not familar with FTSIM+, I couldn't say what exactly they provide.  

TK

That's a very good thought. How can I either show what the FTSIM+ soundpack contains so you can possibly narrow it down? 

I don't think these would help; there are a lot of subfolders with different .wav files

https://imgur.com/a/SU70jzC

ah..looks like its an FMOD soundpak....so that is interesting.   I will note that  I used FMOD 1.1 for the Moo...and Laminar has been using 2.0 for some time.    I'm beginning sound work for the IXEG and will see about exporting the Moo sounds to FMOD 2.0 for the next patch...it SHOU......that should be the starting point for any debugging at the minimum...I need to get on the latest and greatest that Laminar uses.

-tk

Edited by tkyler

12 hours ago, tkyler said:

ah..looks like its an FMOD soundpak....so that is interesting.   I will note that  I used FMOD 1.1 for the Moo...and Laminar has been using 2.0 for some time.    I'm beginning sound work for the IXEG and will see about exporting the Moo sounds to FMOD 2.0 for the next patch...it SHOU......that should be the starting point for any debugging at the minimum...I need to get on the latest and greatest that Laminar uses.

-tk

I'd love to test anything out you'd need me to. I saw that you replied with a couple of files but the reply got deleted.

10 hours ago, yeetlord69 said:

I saw that you replied with a couple of files but the reply got deleted.

Yea, sorry about that, I had a senior moment....those files were for the MU2, not IXEG.   I happen to be in FMOD at the time and simply forgot which project file I had open...  I don't think MU2 files would do you any good here :P

tk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

in progress.  I have the FMOD project file going and some sounds ported over, but there's about 140 of them in total  I think....and I'm having to audit each one....look at the code, reverse engineer the "equations" ...with multiple parameters and get those to graphical form, then fashion those up in FMOD.....super tedious work, and sorry for the time, but this will free us up for compatibility for many years to come and was an inevitable overhaul.  I for one will be super happy when done so I can get on to the FMS stuffs.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...