[CTD] X-Plane 12 crashes whenever I try to load the IXEG 737

Sluijsens

Whenever I try to start-up X-Plane with the IXEG 737 my sim crashes.

The logs say it is due to the plugin X-A Validation.
I remembered I had to log in again last time I flew (with another aircraft) and just closed the window.

So I tried to start up in the Cessna, log in and switch to the IXEG 737. It crashed again.

Tried to just start up again to see if it might have been changing the aircraft, but it crashed again.

Tried a reboot of my pc.

Tried to re-install the aircraft even though I haven't flown with it because of the crash, but you never know.

Using xOrganizer I disabled all my plugins except Gizmo and tried again. Again the same crash.

So it seems that I cannot get rid of the crash, but I have no clue what I can do to resolve this. I couldn't find this problem with anyone else.

I tried ctarting up the Challenger and had no problems with that aircraft.

So to summarize:

1. Installed aircraft (v1.5.1) like any other add-on I install.
  2. Re-booted pc
  3. Re-installed aircraft
  4. (re-)log in using other aircraft
  5. Disabled all plugins except gizmo

I attached a log with all my plugins enabled and 1 with all of them disabled.

EDIT: I installed xp12 and the 737 on another pc and everything went as expected there.
I attached the log (Log - other pc.txt) as well. Both pc's are windows 11, intel cpu and nvidia gpu. Last 2 of those different generations.

Log.txt Log - all plugins on.txt

Log - other pc.txt

Edited by Sluijsens
Additional test results added (Other pc)

I tried it again while having disabled the ad & tracker blocking. Just in case I also disaled the adlists/blacklists and I have tried changing the used DNS servers (cloudflare, google, opendns and my of ISP).

All of it with the same result. 

I attached the latest log.

I also got the below message (Dutch) at some point.
image.png.96dd82cd3ad0454f6854cfe9fa4704cf.png

This specific message seems to say that something was unable to read something from memory.

I had it yesterday as well, but it is not consistently giving me the alert and most of the times it just CTDs.

Log.txt

I think at this point you may want to open a ticket with X-Aviation support so Cameron and his team can look at it, I have no idea what to advise you (except for the usual "update drivers, remove all third-party scenery, plugins, aircraft,..."

I would not trust X-Organizer to disable plugins, you need to physically remove them from the X-Plane folder. Also using SimHeaven Scenery is a very heavy load on systems and has caused problems with RAM exhaustion before.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

It's been a while and my problem still exists.

Past weekend I reinstalled Windows 11 and hoped that would maybe fix the problem, but it did not. (Granted it was a PC Reset rather than a full reinstall, but still)

It's been 1.5 month now and support just refuses to respond to my tickets.
Support is not responding and I am really at a loss.
I even DM-ed Cameron, but nothing from him either.

Any other way I can get support to respond to my tickets?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Sluijsens
Added a little extra info

On 11/13/2023 at 2:30 PM, Sluijsens said:

Hi,

Past weekend I reinstalled Windows 11 and hoped that would maybe fix the problem, but it did not. (Granted it was a PC Reset rather than a full reinstall, but still)

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Sluijsens I have kind of the same issue ie a CTD whereas I re-installed Xplane 12 and the latest IXEG 737 version for XP12. I also deactivated MSI Afterburner because I know in some cases it makes some XP products unreliable. Though works very well with all the planes I have including complex planes like the Take Command!: Hot Start Challenger 650. Cheers, C

--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: X-A Validation}==--

Self explanatory though ;-)

Log.txt

Edited by clecorouge

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Sluijsens @Cameron I successfully loaded it with Xplane 12 in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Big hit on perf though! Cheers, Clément

Edited by clecorouge

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

@Sluijsens I found the solution: I renamed the "xa_validate.xpl" that is in win_x64 to "_xa_validate.xpl". I then copy pasted the "xa_validate.xpl" that is in the mac_x64 folder in the xa_validate folder in the plugins folder of the "IXEG 737 Classic Plus" folder and BAM it works: no more CTD! (I also installed the latest Xplane 12 beta though before I copy pasted the "xa_validate.xpl" file from the mac_x64 into the win_x64 the latest Xplane 12 beta did also CTD with the IXEG 737 Classic Plus. WOW! Works now! Cheers, Clément

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clecorouge said:

@Sluijsens I found the solution: I renamed the "xa_validate.xpl" that is in win_x64 to "_xa_validate.xpl". I then copy pasted the "xa_validate.xpl" that is in the mac_x64 folder in the xa_validate folder in the plugins folder of the "IXEG 737 Classic Plus" folder and BAM it works: no more CTD! (I also installed the latest Xplane 12 beta though before I copy pasted the "xa_validate.xpl" file from the mac_x64 into the win_x64 the latest Xplane 12 beta did also CTD with the IXEG 737 Classic Plus. WOW! Works now! Cheers, Clément

Hi @clecorouge,

Thank you for your responses, really appreciate it.

I tried both the Windows 8 Compatibility mode and the copy-paste method.

When I copy-paste the Mac version of the plugin to the windows folder I manage to get the aircraft loaded. However, the aircraft seems to be unresponsive and I am unable to start up the plane. Are you able to start-up the plane after copying the Mac version?

When trying to start-up in Windows 8 the sim also crashes. However, when running as Admin and in Windows 8 compatibility mode I am able to start up the sim and the plane. 

I still think it is a dirty workaround, but for now I can at least try some things and see how performance is.
I hope it will get fixed in the future however.
So thanks again for your responses. It gave me a way it does start so now I can try to actually perform a full flight.

Cheers!

20 hours ago, Sluijsens said:

Hi @clecorouge,

Thank you for your responses, really appreciate it.

I tried both the Windows 8 Compatibility mode and the copy-paste method.

When I copy-paste the Mac version of the plugin to the windows folder I manage to get the aircraft loaded. However, the aircraft seems to be unresponsive and I am unable to start up the plane. Are you able to start-up the plane after copying the Mac version?

When trying to start-up in Windows 8 the sim also crashes. However, when running as Admin and in Windows 8 compatibility mode I am able to start up the sim and the plane. 

I still think it is a dirty workaround, but for now I can at least try some things and see how performance is.
I hope it will get fixed in the future however.
So thanks again for your responses. It gave me a way it does start so now I can try to actually perform a full flight.

Cheers!

Hi @Sluijsens yes you are right I did rejoice a bit too fast, the only way to get it to work is compatibility mode which is kind of a pity because of the massive perf hit. We do know now that the problem comes from the "xa_validate.xpl" file. Cheers, Clément

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
I just purchased and installed the IxEG on XP 12.0.8-rc1. Now I have the same problem:

XA DRM - RMD0: [c36bbfd5]
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: X-A Validation}==--

So, I've not been able to load (or activate) the brand new aircraft (= v1.5.2) even once. Already stripped down my plugins to "zero" (just leaving the Gizmo64 in). The solution can *not* be using a Mac XPL on a windows installation, so I did not try that.

I do have some other X-Aviation aircraft installed and running successfully (CL650, MU2, SR22, TBM900(waiting for XP12 update)), so this should be not a "general" problem with my gear.

As this thread is open for two months now seemingly without a solution to that "kaputt" xa_validate.xpl, is there any perspective to get that fixed anytime soon? Otherwise the plane is complete useless for me (not being able to even load it). Would be a pitty, because I do like the MU2 a lot, and was hoping for the same wrt. the IxEG 737 .

Edited by snakem12

1 hour ago, snakem12 said:

As this thread is open for two months now seemingly without a solution to that "kaputt" xa_validate.xpl, is there any perspective to get that fixed anytime soon? Otherwise the plane is complete useless for me (not being able to even load it). Would be a pitty, because I do like the MU2 a lot, and was hoping for the same wrt. the IxEG 737 .

It would be nice to know if anyone has picked up this issue. Either with the IXEG team or the x-aviation team. I have done my part. Reporting whatever I can. Given reproduction steps and contacted support, but nothing.

I don't mind if add-ons have bugs. That is part of software, I do mind that support just doesn't respond.
Can't the IXEg team bring this to the attention of x-aviation? Is it actually with x-aviation since this add-on is the only one with the problem.

I would really like to get some answers. I paid a lot of money for nothing basically and I would really like to start flying this bird before FlyJSim comes with their B732.

I can not spot anything out of the ordinary in your log - except that you seem to be running very expensive and possibly very specialized server type hardware. I am not enough of a computer expert to know if this would play a role in your problems, but it is something I haven´t seen before (and I must have read about 200 logs or so in the last months).

Now it is unlikely that there is something as "too capable" hardware, but maybe something running on your computer (network connection, etc.) is a problem for the validation process that Gizmo is attempting?

Do you have another computer you can install the IXEG on? Like a laptop or your brother´s computer or so? Just to try?

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sluijsens said:

Can't the IXEg team bring this to the attention of x-aviation?

X-Aviation is aware of this issue but can neither reproduce, nor determine what causes it. It is a very isolated issue (3 people affected out of several thousand) and the log provides no hint as to the root cause.

• Upvote 1