A few comments/requests regarding VR mode...

Bulva

A few comments/requests regarding VR mode:
- why is there no B733_vrconfig.txt file???
- very imprecise use of rotary knobs with VR controllers (someone has already written about this)
- can't you integrate the aircraft service menu as an element of AviTab?
- a huge request to add a command (dataref) so that you can activate/deactivate the GPU connection using the assigned button. I already asked for this in the XP11 model, because when using VR, going through several menu windows is very inconvenient and kills immersion.
- why some knobs (I keep writing about using VR controllers) are operated by turning the controllers, and some by sideways (linear) movements.

In the XP11 version, the VR mode was very good (99%), all rotary knobs required hand rotation (intuitive behavior), and the sensitivity could be individually adjusted in the B733_vrconfig.txt file

I hope that the aspect of using VR controllers in this wonderful aircraft will improve quickly and significantly, because currently it is more of a struggle than a pleasure (using VR controllers).
It was really good in IXEG733 in XP11 and I don't know why this aspect broke in XP12.

39 minutes ago, Bulva said:

A few comments/requests regarding VR mode:
- why is there no B733_vrconfig.txt file???
- very imprecise use of rotary knobs with VR controllers (someone has already written about this)
- can't you integrate the aircraft service menu as an element of AviTab?
- a huge request to add a command (dataref) so that you can activate/deactivate the GPU connection using the assigned button. I already asked for this in the XP11 model, because when using VR, going through several menu windows is very inconvenient and kills immersion.
- why some knobs (I keep writing about using VR controllers) are operated by turning the controllers, and some by sideways (linear) movements.

In the XP11 version, the VR mode was very good (99%), all rotary knobs required hand rotation (intuitive behavior), and the sensitivity could be individually adjusted in the B733_vrconfig.txt file

I hope that the aspect of using VR controllers in this wonderful aircraft will improve quickly and significantly, because currently it is more of a struggle than a pleasure (using VR controllers).
It was really good in IXEG733 in XP11 and I don't know why this aspect broke in XP12.

22 minutes ago, tkyler said:

Jan's looking into that Bulva.  He's the VR 'guy' :)  Certainly an oversight. we have it on our list to go over after this week.

-TK

Just FYI, I got vr_config file from the xp 11 version and looks to work fine, havent tried yet bc mine is giving me the "Level-2 check FAILED", had DM TK already

15 minutes ago, berilojr said:

Just FYI, I got vr_config file from the xp 11 version and looks to work fine, havent tried yet bc mine is giving me the "Level-2 check FAILED", had DM TK already

Of course ;-) , I tried to use the B733_vrconfig.txt file from XP11, but it didn't work properly -> the knobs on the overhead panel didn't work at all.
(possibly because it wasn't the original 733_vrconfig.txt file from XP11, but modified by me - although I don't think that's what's causing many of the knobs not working in XP12)

8 hours ago, Bulva said:

Of course ;-) , I tried to use the B733_vrconfig.txt file from XP11, but it didn't work properly -> the knobs on the overhead panel didn't work at all.
(possibly because it wasn't the original 733_vrconfig.txt file from XP11, but modified by me - although I don't think that's what's causing many of the knobs not working in XP12)

Had tuned some knobs on overhead and now they're working fine for me:

ixeg/733/irs/irs_left_mode_act
DEG_PER_ACTION 90

ixeg/733/irs/irs_right_mode_act
DEG_PER_ACTION 90

ixeg/733/irs/irs_dspl_sel_act
DEG_PER_ACTION 30

ixeg/733/engine/eng1_start_act
DEG_PER_ACTION 90

ixeg/733/engine/eng2_start_act
DEG_PER_ACTION 90

ixeg/733/electrical/elec_dc_display_sel_act
DEG_PER_ACTION 60

ixeg/733/electrical/elec_ac_display_sel_act
DEG_PER_ACTION 60

8 hours ago, Litjan said:

@berilojr If you want to, post your vrconfig.txt here for now so people can use it in the interim until we can get the fixed version in.

Thanks for your help!

Sure, my pleasure!

I'll keep testing it, is basically the XP11 version with those changes above, wipers still not working but I think is not bc of the vr_config.

B733_vrconfig.txt

• Like 1

@berilojr - I just tried your vr file with my Rift S. Thank you very much for your work - almost everything works very well.
However, I couldn't turn on a few knobs (of course I'm not talking about the wipers ;)) ):

1.jpg.c71d4d16e575ae72debe3d5fcb733aa5.jpg

... and the movement of some knobs is very slow - especially the knobs for adjusting the brightness of the cockpit lighting and the NAV1/2 setting. Perhaps it's specific to my Rift S, if it works perfectly for you.
Anyway, I took the liberty (I hope, you won't be angry) to modify your vr file for the needs of my Rift S and I'm posting it here just in case.
Now is working beautifully for me now, so thank you again for sharing Your work. ;-)

B733_vrconfig.txt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bulva said:

@berilojr - I just tried your vr file with my Rift S. Thank you very much for your work - almost everything works very well.
However, I couldn't turn on a few knobs (of course I'm not talking about the wipers ;)) ):

1.jpg.c71d4d16e575ae72debe3d5fcb733aa5.jpg

... and the movement of some knobs is very slow - especially the knobs for adjusting the brightness of the cockpit lighting and the NAV1/2 setting. Perhaps it's specific to my Rift S, if it works perfectly for you.
Anyway, I took the liberty (I hope, you won't be angry) to modify your vr file for the needs of my Rift S and I'm posting it here just in case.
Now is working beautifully for me now, so thank you again for sharing Your work. ;-)

B733_vrconfig.txt 16.06 kB · 0 downloads

Not at all, really appreciate it. That is how the community should work, thanks for your effort in tune it up, I'll try yours with the my reverb and let you know how ended up! Thanks again!!!!

• Like 1