Activate State not working (Airplane in general not usable)

Rhinozherous

Hello!

Just hopped into this nice bird. When I select the State "After Start" and hit "Activate State" it loads, but it is still in cold and dark.

I have read the other topic about state activating, but I did not have Windows Security running during install and I can use all other features of the aircraft it seems... if not activated, shouldnt it be not usable? I got the X-Aviation license window on starting the flight (XP was not running for a while, so it came up) but no special license activating from DC3 i think.

Edited by Rhinozherous
  • Upvote 1

• Rhinozherous changed the title to Activate State not working (Airplane in general not usable)

I have the same problems, can't switch battery and magnetos etc. I had the initial problem of freezing after loading to cockpit with the activation window open.

I have all the X-Aviation products less the Challenger and have never experienced problems like I have had so far with this DC3.

Can someone please check my activation status if that is what these symptoms point to.

No indication of any problem in the dc3.log.

Suggest adding an entry for activation failure.

Edited by MVIrony

33 minutes ago, MVIrony said:

I have the same problems, can't switch battery and magnetos etc. I had the initial problem of freezing after loading to cockpit with the activation window open.

I have all the X-Aviation products less the Challenger and have never experienced problems like I have had so far with this DC3.

Can someone please check my activation status if that is what these symptoms point to.

No indication of any problem in the dc3.log.

Suggest adding an entry for activation failure.

The problem might be logged into Log.txt.

5 minutes ago, MVIrony said:

It seems to be the necessity to load a default aircraft first, then the DC3.  Is it known exactly what the issue is with XP12/load aircraft? this is the only aircraft that I have ever experienced this problem.

Yes, does not happen to all, and does not happen always. Usually affects machine on the mid-low spec spectrum, and I'm working with Laminar to solve it. It is a bug on their side.

2 hours ago, airfighter said:

Yes, does not happen to all, and does not happen always. Usually affects machine on the mid-low spec spectrum, and I'm working with Laminar to solve it. It is a bug on their side.

Thanks for your help, I am on the very high end - EVGA Z690 Dark Kingpin i9 12900k, 64gb 6000mhz memory, nVidia RTX 4090 FE, 8tb SSD storage, Thrustmaster Hotas controls. I fly only VR via HP Reverb G2v2

Looks like it gets us all, happens to me every time unless I load another aircraft first. Most of the time the DC3 freezes X-Plane 12 once into the cockpit but before the load is complete, looking out the cockpit window it appears you are about 50 ft up pointed at the ground.  I then get an hourglass and can move the mouse cursor around until I left click, then the screen saturates and you are stuck in that condition until you end task xp12. All this occurs before I attempt to enter VR.

logs are attached, if I can provide anything further please ask.

Log.txt DC3.log

21 minutes ago, MVIrony said:

Thanks for your help, I am on the very high end - EVGA Z690 Dark Kingpin i9 12900k, 64gb 6000mhz memory, nVidia RTX 4090 FE, 8tb SSD storage, Thrustmaster Hotas controls. I fly only VR via HP Reverb G2v2

Looks like it gets us all, happens to me every time unless I load another aircraft first. Most of the time the DC3 freezes X-Plane 12 once into the cockpit but before the load is complete, looking out the cockpit window it appears you are about 50 ft up pointed at the ground.  I then get an hourglass and can move the mouse cursor around until I left click, then the screen saturates and you are stuck in that condition until you end task xp12. All this occurs before I attempt to enter VR.

logs are attached, if I can provide anything further please ask.

Log.txt 124.98 kB · 0 downloads DC3.log 1.38 kB · 0 downloads

We've tested everything with special debugging X-Plane versions, which throw some physics error, which make no sense (except Austin probably). Laminar has the aircraft to conduct their own tests, as well. We are looking into it, and the fix will come from Laminar's side. Can you try again, but without VR?

10 hours ago, MVIrony said:

I have the same problems, can't switch battery and magnetos etc.

After activating and reloading the sim, can you please also make sure this panel state option was on and saved? We've seen a potential bug where it's defaulting to "After Start".

Make sure to select the right option and save it. Even if it's selected, 'save' it for good measure!

imageDC3.png

Douglas DC3 not working for me.  Can only start after first loading the default Laminar C172.

If not it displays a weird screen and freezes the sim.  Nothing works.  Can"t move inside the cockpit.  Menu at top not available.   Have to use Task manager to exit. Screenshot attached.

Is refunds possible?

Capture.JPG

30 minutes ago, hermannk1 said:

If not it displays a weird screen and freezes the sim.  Nothing works.  Can"t move inside the cockpit.  Menu at top not available.   Have to use Task manager to exit. Screenshot attached.

It's a problem that we are working with Laminar to solve as soon as possible. The issue is on their side.