Unexplained CTD

Mandretti

On 6/18/2023 at 10:00 AM, Mandretti said:

Yes.  I'm trying a different NVIDIA driver, and removed all plugins.  We'll see - but I'm interested if there was a solution for this.  Be nice not to have to experiment for weeks trying different configurations.  

We need a log file after every crash.  Even if you remove plugins.  

• 1 month later...

Yeah the log file is exactly the same every time.  Mrogers0547 has the last log entry - waas related.  I’ve never seen another problem with a CTD where the last set of log entries are exactly the same.  Not only for me, but others as well.  The fact that the developers dismiss that clue as coincidental does not make any sense.  I understand that it doesn’t provide a lot of info but it seems like a good place to start.  

What I have found to be the only solution is to select "debug" in the Nvidia Control Panel help tab. If that is not selected then X-Plane / Challenger crashes after about 3 minutes. Without fail. With "debug" I have ZERO crashes or X-Plane closing unexpectedly. Awesome frame rates with maxed graphics and the Challenger flies like a dream.