Flaps living their own life when approaching stall speed in clean configuration (v 1.0.2.)

Papickx

First of all, thanks for the update, all my previous bug reports have been covered, which is excellent. 

• After a first quick test flight including a few patterns I found a strange bug. Whenever I approach stall in clean configuration (I have not tried others), the flaps starts extending and retracting on their own (this is both audible, and visible - both looking at the flaps and the flap lights), continuously moving between clean and take-off position back and forth, without me touching the flaps. I even did a sim restart to see if it was something I did accidentally, but no, simply starting up, taking off, cleaning up the flaps, and then doing a clean stall I can reproduce the behaviour. Accelerating away from near stall speed the issue stops and everything goes back to clean config...
  • A very minor extra comment is that the flap light transitional phase (two lights lit at the same time) seems to last 2-3 seconds longer than the actual flap extension time, not sure if this is realistic or not, but I would think not.

5 hours ago, Coop said:

We've seen that report once before on the flaps, it must be something odd going on in X-Plane, but it is odd that only few can replicate it. I've got it logged to look into further and discuss with LR.

Let me know if there is any way I can help in debugging this.

10 hours ago, Coop said:

We've seen that report once before on the flaps, it must be something odd going on in X-Plane, but it is odd that only few can replicate it. I've got it logged to look into further and discuss with LR.

Made me think of Philipp’s ESP is trying to be “helpful”.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Papickx said:

Dear @Coop, this fix has been made (internally) more than a month ago, please push an update out, it would be really great to be able to use the plane in clean configuration too properly for flapless landings and stalls. Many thanks.

Indeed, while Coop has identified the root cause of the bug, it’s important to note that pinpointing the issue and implementing a fix are two distinct steps. Additionally, the complexity of the solution can vary, and implementing the change might require thorough testing to ensure it doesn’t introduce new issues. Furthermore, the upcoming update will encompass more than just this single fix, so it’s a collective effort that requires some time.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

• Like 1

Ah damn, the same PR reply that I give to people requesting new features, now I know how my own medicine tastes :)

On a more serious note, I just wanted to show that there is definitely interest in this plane. I never expected demanding updates actually doing anything ;)

1 hour ago, Papickx said:

Ah damn, the same PR reply that I give to people requesting new features, now I know how my own medicine tastes :)

On a more serious note, I just wanted to show that there is definitely interest in this plane. I never expected demanding updates actually doing anything ;)

Hey, the enthusiasm is still definitely appreciated! :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Coop said:

We haven't pushed an update yet, but to fix it you can make a minor manual mod for the time being:

Open DA40NG.acf in a plaintext / code editor, on both lines 26684 and 26685, change the value from 1.000000000 to 0.000000000

Thanks, that was an easy solution!

• Like 1