X-Plane starts TBM900 as if engines were on

fatflash

Hi team,

This is, to be quite honest, the greatest beef I have with the TBM900 sim.
If, by some reason, X-plane quits or if we change situations like location or whatnot, TBM usually starts as if it had the engine running.
Doesn't matter if I start a new flight or if I continue the last one.

Is there a way to stop this behavior? I really do not want it to remember the airplane state if I choose to start a new flight.

Also another thing annoys me beyond belief, imagine I want to practice just landings, X-plane lets us do that with the map option to raise the airplane and change heading and speed.
I wish, when I do that with the TBM, which is the plane I want to be practising with, engine shuts down and all hell breaks loose.

[edit] This happens when I pause to set things up, if I don't pause it works fine [/edit]

Could you please fix that?

thank you.

Edited by fatflash

On 5/24/2023 at 10:08 AM, fatflash said:

Is there a way to stop this behavior? I really do not want it to remember the airplane state if I choose to start a new flight.

The TBM is a persistent state aircraft. You will need to properly shut it down to be able to launch it the next time where you started off systems status wise.

On 5/24/2023 at 10:08 AM, fatflash said:

Could you please fix that?

No. This functionality in X-Plane is quite basic and the TBM has too advanced a custom engine model for X-Plane to handle this properly.

5 hours ago, Matchstick said:

the TBM900 isn't getting the attention it could do with right now.

This is not true at all. The TBM is in constant update development at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 5:25 PM, Cameron said:

The TBM is a persistent state aircraft. You will need to properly shut it down to be able to launch it the next time where you started off systems status wise.

No. This functionality in X-Plane is quite basic and the TBM has too advanced a custom engine model for X-Plane to handle this properly.

This is not true at all. The TBM is in constant update development at the moment.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I got very frustrated and then very busy so I just got back to flying again.

Yesterday I was flying my TBM and X-plane crashed on me as I was changing a setting on the airplane.
I know that today.  if I choose new flight It will just have the engine running full speed on the ramp, flooding the engine and probably catching on fire and ruining the engine, again...
This is exactly the kind of thing I would like to have addressed.

Thanks again.

Edited by fatflash
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I am a new TBM user. I had the same problem with the engine running. But now for some reason when I select New Flight I can a window asking me if I want to reset the plane to the current flight. If I select 'No' it puts me back on the runway with the engine off. The battery is usually death so you have to use the AUX Unit

• 2 weeks later...