SR20 Entegra stratup fails

hermannk1

I have been using both the SR20 Entegra and G1000 extensively in X-Plane 11, and had the same problem I am now experiencing in X-Plane 12.  I installed the X-Plane 12 versions for both aircraft.

Using a checklist and after studying how many X-Plane videos and even real live videos I can't start up the SR20 Entegra or SR20 G1000.  I succeeded once, and that was all.

It works fine when using the  "start with engines running" option in the Configuration menu.  That, however, is not how I want to do it.

Help appreciated.

I have been using both the SR20 Entegra and G1000 extensively in X-Plane 11, and had the same problem I am now experiencing in X-Plane 12.  I installed the X-Plane 12 versions for both aircraft.

Using a checklist and after studying how many X-Plane videos and even real live videos I can't start up the SR20 Entegra or SR20 G1000.  I succeeded once, and that was all.

It works fine when using the  "start with engines running" option in the Configuration menu.  That, however, is not how I want to do it.

Help appreciated.

13 hours ago, hermannk1 said:

I have been using both the SR20 Entegra and G1000 extensively in X-Plane 11, and had the same problem I am now experiencing in X-Plane 12.  I installed the X-Plane 12 versions for both aircraft.

Help appreciated.

There are two main potential sources of the issue and it depends on the symptom. Is the propeller turning over, it just doesn't seem to ignite, or is the propeller not spinning when running the starter?

If the propeller is turning:

1. Verify the fuel selector is to L or R, and that the tanks have fuel
  2. Prime the engine for max. 2-3 seconds before starting (full throttle, full mixture, then prime for 2 seconds or so. Too long can flood the engine.
  3. Pull back throttle, Set the fuel pump to boost
  4. Set throttle to 1/4 inch, in the virtual model. If you have a hardware throttle, this is going to be much less than 1/4", as nearly all sim throttles have significantly less throw than the real SR throttles. 
  5. Engage the starter. If it doesn't turn over within a few seconds, slowly oscillate the throttle up and down a bit.

If the propeller is not turning:

• In the SR20 -> Aircraft window, charge the batteries
  • Perform maintenance via the maintenance tab of the same window. 
  • You can also via the same menu change the starter type. You may have more luck with one over the other. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem.  I downloaded the SR20 Entegra model today (so ... latest version).  No propeller turning.  Nothing works, actually.  None of the switches work (batt1/2, Avionics, lights, environmental controls ... nothing).  If I startup with the engine running, it runs for about 5 sec then dies.  Advancing mixture and throttle extends the time, but it still dies.  The Electrical pop-up shows 0V for everything, which supports the 'dead battery' idea, but I cannot find where to charge it up.  In the faults panel I set it to "fix everything".  No joy.  The Avidyne panels don't light regardless of switch settings or startup mode.

Im running Xplane 11.55r2 in MacOS 13.3.1 on a Mac studio, if that helps point to a solution.

So far, not very impressive, I am afraid.

26 minutes ago, MikeA said:

Im running Xplane 11.55r2 in MacOS 13.3.1 on a Mac studio, if that helps point to a solution.

Can you provide Log.txt from XP, please? Devs will need that. Sounds like Gizmo isn’t running or license wasn’t updated.

21 hours ago, MikeA said:

I'm having the same problem.  I downloaded the SR20 Entegra model today (so ... latest version).  No propeller turning.  Nothing works, actually.  None of the switches work (batt1/2, Avionics, lights, environmental controls ... nothing).  If I startup with the engine running, it runs for about 5 sec then dies.  Advancing mixture and throttle extends the time, but it still dies.  The Electrical pop-up shows 0V for everything, which supports the 'dead battery' idea, but I cannot find where to charge it up.  In the faults panel I set it to "fix everything".  No joy.  The Avidyne panels don't light regardless of switch settings or startup mode.

So far, not very impressive, I am afraid.

I'm guessing X-Plane isn't set to Rosetta mode so as Pils mentioned, Gizmo wouldn't be running to activate the aircraft.