XP12 - After loading SR22 aircraft and then changing to another A/C with G1000 the engine instruments do not appear

azpilot61

A few issues with the new SR22 - Loading up the SR22 the G1000 works fine no issues however once I change to another aircraft that uses the default G1000 the engine instruments no longer appear. I have to exit XP12 and go back into it and the other aircraft engine instruments then show up fine. I tested with SV on and off and same issue.

On the Non Turbo and Turbo SR22, the fuel pump starts in prime position and I would think it should be in the off position after loading aircraft?
However on the Non Turbo SR22, I can use my 3 position fuel switch to toggle out of prime to off and then to boost and off and no issues at all.
On the Turbo SR22, the 3 way fuel switch toggle that works in the non turbo SR22, does not work correctly in the Turbo model. I can not toggle out of Prime I have to manually use the mouse to switch to off. I can go to boost and off but once I go back to Prime it will not come out of prime unless I use the mouse

I've included a video from XP12 (kinda crappy video but you can see it) but I started with the default C172, engine instruments are present in PFD and MFD, changed to the SR22 and engine instruments are on MFD once loaded up. Then changed back to default C172 and engine instruments are missing on PFD and MFD once loaded

https://youtu.be/4gTlgd-wADg

Log.txt

Edited by azpilot61

30 minutes ago, azpilot61 said:

I have to exit XP12 and go back into it

For these kind of complex addons that override core sim functionality this is just a good idea to begin with in my opinion. X-Plane isn’t good at “resetting” its internal state between flights. May be different in 12, maybe the developer has some advice. I’d like to hear it too.

21 minutes ago, Pils said:

For these kind of complex addons that override core sim functionality this is just a good idea to begin with in my opinion. X-Plane isn’t good at “resetting” its internal state between flights. May be different in 12, maybe the developer has some advice. I’d like to hear it too.

I had the SR22 loaded from XP11 in XP12 and never experienced this issue until I removed it and loaded the new XP12 SR22. The stock Laminar SR22 which has some of the same engine instrument pages but not all does not exhibit this issue at all either when switching between G1000 aircraft (I know this one is way more complicated in the settings than the stock one)

Edited by azpilot61

17 hours ago, azpilot61 said:

A few issues with the new SR22 - Loading up the SR22 the G1000 works fine no issues however once I change to another aircraft that uses the default G1000 the engine instruments no longer appear. I have to exit XP12 and go back into it and the other aircraft engine instruments then show up fine. I tested with SV on and off and same issue.

On the Non Turbo and Turbo SR22, the fuel pump starts in prime position and I would think it should be in the off position after loading aircraft?
However on the Non Turbo SR22, I can use my 3 position fuel switch to toggle out of prime to off and then to boost and off and no issues at all.
On the Turbo SR22, the 3 way fuel switch toggle that works in the non turbo SR22, does not work correctly in the Turbo model. I can not toggle out of Prime I have to manually use the mouse to switch to off. I can go to boost and off but once I go back to Prime it will not come out of prime unless I use the mouse

I've included a video from XP12 (kinda crappy video but you can see it) but I started with the default C172, engine instruments are present in PFD and MFD, changed to the SR22 and engine instruments are on MFD once loaded up. Then changed back to default C172 and engine instruments are missing on PFD and MFD once loaded

https://youtu.be/4gTlgd-wADg

Log.txt 356.27 kB · 0 downloads

Got both reports logged, thanks! T-1879, T-1880 to keep an eye out in future release notes.

• Like 1