RealSimGear G5 Instruments v2.1.0 Update Released!

Cameron

Captains,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 2.1.0 update for the RealSimGear G5 Instruments. All customers who have purchased the G5 Instruments up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the G5 Instruments from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 2.1.0 for you.

Please Note: This installer will update the Cessna 172SP, BN-2B/2T Islanders, as well as the Beechcraft Sundowner if you own any of those products.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original G5 Instruments download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

Improvements/Bug Fixes:

• X-Plane 12 compatibility, including support for Zink renderer
  • ARM64 support prepped for Apple Silicon based Macs. Coming soon.
  • Performance optimization, leading to significant performance improvements
  • Add X-Plane 12 default C172 with G5 integrated
  • Misc. bug fixes and improvements

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

Hi @Piperboy51,

Just to make sure we're on the same page:

1. The initial G5 installer requires you to point the install location to your main X-Plane folder, not aircraft folder (I'm going to assume you did this).

2. The G5 Aircraft Installer can be pointed to any aircraft of your choosing. This installer is located in your X-Plane/G5 Aircraft Installer folder.

3. Installing the G5 via this method does not suddenly give you a 3D implementation of the G5 on your panel. It will give you a 2D popup option via the X-Plane menu system up top.

If you were aware of the above and still can't get the 2D popups for the G5 to show, please attach your log.txt file from your X-Plane folder.

Hi.  I think it all worked on my Islanders, but I was not sure because none of the file modification dates for the G5 look any different from earlier ones.  So, to make sure I re-ran the installer, and then ran the G5 installer itself.  Again, no changes (although the G5 installer shows today's date).  However, I guess it did work, because the copyright date on the G5 screens was 2023!

Hi there,

So, a little bit of confusion here. Your log.txt showed you open the vFlyte Piper and the G5 was loaded there.

For this Aerosphere one, I don't see a load. In your screenshot I see the folders for the G5, but is there actually a plugin in that win_x64 folder shown in your screenshot?

I have noticed 2 issues with the new update in the Cessna 172SP.

Issue 1.  When flying on a GPS flight plan entered into the GNS430w.  The G5 HSI course needle is not acting on information from the GPS info coming from the flight plan.  In order to get the G5 HSI to show the correct GPS  course, you must set the course on the analog CDI.  This is not how the system is designed in real world.  The G5 HSI should act independently.  

Issue 2.  The autopilot does not track anything like it should.  When setting a heading with the bug and pushing heading mode on the AP, it fly’s a random heading.  Same with setting NAV mode on the AP.  It doesn’t follow the flight plan, but rather a random course. 

Any feedback would be appreciated.  

1 hour ago, Piperboy51 said:

Cameron,  The Vflyte Piper is an Arrow,'.  It came with the G5 setup.  I'm interested in the Aerospere Warrior.  I opened Xplane choosing the Warrior again this am.  Attached is the log from that event.  Again,  thanks.

Log (1).txt 47.61 kB · 0 downloads

This log suggests that there is no G5 installed into the aircraft. My guess is judging by your prior screenshot and this log, while the folders exist, the actual plugin does not and that you have some kind of anti virus that nuked the install. Is there actually a plugin in that win_x64 folder shown in your screenshot?

4 minutes ago, Piperboy51 said:

win_x64 contents........

win_x64.pdf 199.84 kB · 0 downloads

The problem is you have improperly installed the G5 plugin.

Your aircraft is located in: Aircraft/AeroSphere piper Warrior II v2 xp11/AeroSphere Piper Warrior II/PiperWarrior/

You selected the following for install: Aircraft/AeroSphere piper Warrior II v2 xp11/AeroSphere Piper Warrior II/

48 minutes ago, Cameron said:

The problem is you have improperly installed the G5 plugin.

Your aircraft is located in: Aircraft/AeroSphere piper Warrior II v2 xp11/AeroSphere Piper Warrior II/PiperWarrior/

You selected the following for install: Aircraft/AeroSphere piper Warrior II v2 xp11/AeroSphere Piper Warrior II/

Genius!  I moved the Plugins folder to the Piper Warrior folder and I now have g5s options in my plugins drop down menu in Xplane. The G5s still dont appear in the instrument panel, but they do appear as popups.  I'll work on that issue.  Thank you very much for your time and insight.

14 minutes ago, Piperboy51 said:

The G5s still dont appear in the instrument panel, but they do appear as popups.  I'll work on that issue.

This is by design. If you want them in the actual panel, the original 3D files will be required for the aircraft from the developer, and you'd need to know your way around 3D software to integrate it. You're better off asking the aircraft developer if they'd be willing to integrate it.

You can learn more about 3D integration here: https://help.realsimgear.com/en/articles/5594557-realsimgear-g5-integration-guide

24 minutes ago, Piperboy51 said:

So here's the result of our hard work in adding the g5s to X-Plane aircraft.  As you can see, not very useful. Again, thank you for all your help.

That's as simple as placing your mouse cursor on the lower middle bezel and dragging the G5 to anywhere you like.

21 hours ago, 2labs said:

I have noticed 2 issues with the new update in the Cessna 172SP.

Issue 1.  When flying on a GPS flight plan entered into the GNS430w.  The G5 HSI course needle is not acting on information from the GPS info coming from the flight plan.  In order to get the G5 HSI to show the correct GPS  course, you must set the course on the analog CDI.  This is not how the system is designed in real world.  The G5 HSI should act independently.  

Issue 2.  The autopilot does not track anything like it should.  When setting a heading with the bug and pushing heading mode on the AP, it fly’s a random heading.  Same with setting NAV mode on the AP.  It doesn’t follow the flight plan, but rather a random course. 

Any feedback would be appreciated.  

My above post should say GNS 530 not 430.  I do know that the G5 is connected to the 530.  

is this posted in the right place?  I’ve heard nothing back.

19 hours ago, Cameron said:

That's as simple as placing your mouse cursor on the lower middle bezel and dragging the G5 to anywhere you like.

After considerable putzing around, I found the spot.  Dead center at the extreme bottom of the image.  The corners resize but that has its limits,  Thanks again.

16 hours ago, 2labs said:

My above post should say GNS 530 not 430.  I do know that the G5 is connected to the 530.  

is this posted in the right place?  I’ve heard nothing back.

I see the issue, a checkbox was missed on our part with the XP12 C172 install. We will get this fixed in a bug fix update soon. In the mean time if you open the C172 G5 acf file (X-Plane 12/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Cessna 172SP G5/Cessna_172SP_G5.acf in Plane Maker (installed alongside X-Plane 12 in the root of the main X-Plane folder). Under the Systems window under Standard, check these boxes.

Screenshot-2023-04-19-111646@2x.thumb.png.9c42a3760e464634b1247eb4c5b91d74.png

1 hour ago, Coop said:

I see the issue, a checkbox was missed on our part with the XP12 C172 install. We will get this fixed in a bug fix update soon. In the mean time if you open the C172 G5 acf file (X-Plane 12/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Cessna 172SP G5/Cessna_172SP_G5.acf in Plane Maker (installed alongside X-Plane 12 in the root of the main X-Plane folder). Under the Systems window under Standard, check these boxes.

Screenshot-2023-04-19-111646@2x.thumb.png.9c42a3760e464634b1247eb4c5b91d74.png

Great, thank you!  Will that also fix the auto pilot issues?

35 minutes ago, 2labs said:

Great, thank you!  Will that also fix the auto pilot issues?

Sorry, forgot to mention that part. Under Expert -> Autopilot configuration check "AHRS" for AP heading source:

Screenshot-2023-04-19-133953@2x.thumb.png.17d29144a2170fa582894a02908fd23a.png

8 minutes ago, 2labs said:

Also..Can you suggest a software to open that .acf file?  I can’t open it..

In the X-Plane 12 folder you should see an application titled "Plane Maker". Open that, and then from the file menu, open the C172 G5 acf file.