Autopilot Recovery after Hold

Mandretti

In flying into my destination I found I was way too high so I used the FMC Hold function at PPOS so I could bleed off some altitude. I used the Hold Exit function and from then on my AP lost it, and I couldn't figure out how to properly resume my flight plan.  Can you point me to a tutorial or other resource that would be helpful for this?

As part of this, I cannot figure out how to recover AP mode.  I have an audible warning and a blinking red AP in the middle of the FMA, and I can't figure out how to silence the alarm, or recover AP mode.  So two questions here. 

Thanks. 

Ok - that makes sense thanks.  I could not get the AP to reengage but that's probably due to not being in the correct state to make that happen.  I'll work with this a bit.  As other's have remarked the ATS system is not intuitive, pretty complex, and very dissimilar to the AT functionality of Boeing and Airbus AC.  But always fun and (frustrating a bit at times)  to learn new systems.  Thanks for your help - again!

I see one of the issues can be the 

1 hour ago, Pils said:

It won't engage if you're putting too much pressure on the flight controls, for example.

Right - good reminder. 

While we're here - when going through the flight compartment checklist I cannot see the physical visual difference between the STAB TRIM switches being in or out, and there is no indication on the ECAS either way.  And regardless of position the yoke trim works.  Also I cannot find the STAB TRIM DISC button. 

MACH TRIM I cannot tell difference between in and out either, but I do see the ECAS warning message.  

Edited by Mandretti

56 minutes ago, Mandretti said:

And regardless of position the yoke trim works.

Works as in moves the stabilizer? It's a two channel system so either being on will be enough.

57 minutes ago, Mandretti said:

there is no indication on the ECAS either way.

There are definitely STAB TRIM CAS messages when appropriate, e.g. STAB CH 1 INOP, etc.

58 minutes ago, Mandretti said:

Also I cannot find the STAB TRIM DISC button. 

On the back of the control wheels.

image.png.01d204da9175fbc68ee5bf8d8e2ec396.png