New to the Challenger

dbw11

Great creation.  Just bought a couple days ago. Looking forward to the XP12 release too.

3 Questions.....I've looked but so far have not stumbled across the answers...

How to you change the altimeter setting subscale from HPA to In HG?

ATS - it fails on climb out. No idea why?

ATS power settings - I've read after take off there is a way through the FMS to select climb power for the ATS. I have found the power management page but other than a take off limit there's nothing else populated. So is a selection to climb power required or does the ATS do it automatically? Could this be tied into my ATS failing on climb out?

Many thanks for any responses.

Dave

2 hours ago, dbw11 said:

How to you change the altimeter setting subscale from HPA to In HG?

Per-airframe settings.

2 hours ago, dbw11 said:

ATS - it fails on climb out. No idea why?

Most likely you didn’t transition the packs off the APU and onto engine bleed. Suggest using the virtual first officer and checklists to do this for you.

2 hours ago, dbw11 said:

ATS power settings - I've read after take off there is a way through the FMS to select climb power for the ATS. I have found the power management page but other than a take off limit there's nothing else populated. So is a selection to climb power required or does the ATS do it automatically? Could this be tied into my ATS failing on climb out?

It’s required because TO becomes unavailable at a set altitude. No N1 thrust limit set means no ATS. Transition the packs and you’ll be able to select CLB. It’s all in the checklists, and spelled out in the documentation, in sim and in the aircraft directory.

• Upvote 1

Switching the units for the altimeter is via DCP Menu (PFD) - Config.  And welcome to the Challenger community.  I started a few months ago, have come a long way through the help of the community.  The support team are highly responsive, and there some actual Challenger pilots involved as well.  Lots of good stuff in this forum, including training videos.

image.png.741003d1e90c4a1dcf2775c6098122ce.png

image.thumb.png.68c4d4ef8c828b76e76dec1b28410927.png

image.thumb.png.b76be5523486fb822a55beac13ec7611.png

Edited by KirkR
  • Like 2

KirkR,

Many thanks for your response. This is a very good creation. Support is excellent. Sharing of info on the forum is great - respectful, just nice helpful people.

So glad I dusted off the credit card finally and bought it. Retired pilot so I'm really getting into this machine. All the best,

Dave

• Like 2