The Immortal DHC-2 Beaver

Pete_SMS

Hi,

Just in case you thought the Beaver project is in idle mode ... nope it is not. :)

Here are the first WIP shots of the old school vintage Beaver. Beside the 3D work, the flight model made some good progress too. Still work to do, but it is in much better shape now.

Hope you enjoy!

wip120.jpg

wip119.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

RyanCz,

the liveries will not be directly interchangeable. The mesh for the different versions is different here and there and therefore the uv layout will not fit perfectly, if you don't use the correct layout. Also, my philosophy is, that a certain livery belongs to a certain version/setup of the Beaver. Therefore, it was not my plan to do so. There will be a paint kit, so people will have the chance to create their own liveries.

There might be tip tanks too, yes.

And no, I don't answer questions on ETA. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there,

Here is another WIP shot of the Vintage Beaver cockpit. The center panel and the co-pilot side is more or less finished now. The radio is still missing on the co-pilot panel, but it will be very basic anyway. The Vintage Beaver will be a pure aircraft, without any modern equipment in it. I hope you like the shot. Once the pilot panel is finished, I will show it of course.

wip123.jpg

What else is new:

- I am planning to have the regular tire version of modernized Beaver fully animated by the end of this week.

- The flight model is making good progress.

- I re-designed the architecture and framework of my plug-in code. This allows more efficient coding. I am a big fan of clearly structured and tidy code, which is easy to maintain and easy to extend. smile.png

Stay tuned!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Beaver flight model is really close to beta now, to be ripped apart by experts, virtual bush pilots and real world Beaver pilots. I hope it won't be too bad and I am sure it's not. Things are looking very good so far. ;)

The flight model for the Beaver is very tricky, and if you just go and use the flight manual and the numbers in it, you haven't done your homework. Sometimes things are a little different in the real aircraft and I am sure there will be comments from virtual pilots like "Yes, but the manual says it should be ..." Yes, the manual does, but not the living and breathing Beaver and she is my reference and so are comments and inputs from pilots flying her. :)

The modernized Beaver 3D models are in a frozen state and so are the textures. A real Beaver sound recording session took place and animations and manipulators are on its way too.

However, I won't talk about a release yet. I don't rush anything and this baby will be around for a long time, also after the release. :) My goal is not to develop aircraft after aircraft. My goal is to create the ultimate experience for the user for a certain aircraft and there are so many things besides releasing the aircraft itself.

A release will be announced by me and then you know that it is around the corner. :P

• Upvote 2