Rest in Peace, Steve Jobs!

Xflyboy

RIP. Steve was a true visionary. Apple Stocks took a nose dive yesterday with the release of the Iphone 4S. A big disappointment for those awaiting the Iphone5.

I will bet tomorrow will change that with those who will buy an Apple product regardless of Apple`s failure to produce the Iphone5.

We have 3 Ipods, 1 Ipod Shuffle for the wife, 1-Ipod touch 1st gen 32gb for my son, 1 Ipod 64gb 4th gen. And purchased an Ipad2 32gb 3G and Wifi 2 months ago.

Still remember my first computer was a Apple 2E clone. That was in 1982.

Really sad news! He inspired me in a lot of ways and he will for sure be missed.

One of my favorite quotes is:

"Do what you love. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle!"

If you haven't watched his famous Stanford graduation speech ... it is worth it.

Edited by Pete

but what was inside..... a picture of the 2 Steves... Jobs and Woz.... And a handwritten note saying that this was the first ever apple computer built... In his garage...

Pics or it didn't happen.

Really sad news! He inspired me in a lot of ways and he will for sure be missed.

One of my favorite quotes is:

"Do what you love. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle!"

If you haven't watched his famous Stanford graduation speech ... it is worth it.

+1, I watched it last night. Very inspiring.

I think Chip has one of those first Apples, him being an Apple nut. Apparently all the first ones had that present, watch its value skyrocket now. So I believe.

Another 'hidden' benefit of Steve's work is his devotion to improving accessibility for disabled persons. My partner is vision impaired, so she's already enjoying her iPhone and massive zoom features, and speech, she can read emails on the run when she could never do so before.

I was that close to getting a snazzy Samsung Galaxy II with its huge, beautiful screen. Damn, now, with Siri, another revolution is about to start and my partner will be able to speak her nagging emails to me! So I'll get the iPhone 4S, give it to her and have to wait another year in 3GS purgatory.

But in the end, she will love the ability to communicate in 'normal' ways. So thank you Steve Jobs. RIP.