Strange Throttle Behaviour with Lift Both command

4 minutes ago, Bulva said:

In my opinion, the command "lift both" is broken.
The commands "lift left" and "lift right" work fine.
We need this behavior for the "lift both" command ;-)

I just tested. They work slightly different. Lift Right only works it the PL is below the detent, you can't press and then move below Flight Idle. you also don't get the "lifting" animation.
Lift left works as expected.

@Ch.Cole I use legacy one, but I tried the modern method and I had the same issue. I think the problem is that the plane 3D cockpit lever stops correctly to prevent to enter accidentally in beta range, but you may continue moving your joystick throttle lever... so when you click (execute) the lift command, the plane lever goes to where your joystick lever is... so if you accidentally moved it to the lower position then plane goes to full reverse.

In other words, prevents accidentally beta ranges but then you have to pay attention to your joystick lever position or it goes full reverse... so one way or the other the "accidentally" option is there... honestly I don't see the advantage of this method unless you have a joystick lever with a physical lever stop, so then you don't need this method either.

Of course, maybe I was using it a wrong way too.... so I decided to go old school legacy.

• 2 weeks later...

The original intention of "lift both power levers" was for users with single paddle hardware, which use a completely different array index value for THROTTLE.  It really wasn't intended to be used with dual lever setups.   When you execute that command with the 'TBM style' method, then I look at the raw joystick value to see where the hardware is so I can move the virtual throttle to match its position below the detent.  If you have a dual lever setup, then what I do currently is look at the "single lever" array index value (which is zero in your case because a single lever throttle isn't assigned in a dual config) and bam...the levers jump to zero because they think that's where the hardware is.  That's why they jump to reverse.  Of course that is still a relevant command, even with dual levers....so..

....what may be needed here is simply a separate set of 'lift' commands, one for single lever and another for dual.  That is, by far, the easiest solution, rather than me trying to write a bunch of "guestimate' code on lever assignments.

My use-case with the Warthog Throttle is that i usually move the PL synchronously, and I'd like to press one button to move both levers below Flight Idle. There's one placed very conveniently on the left throttle. Basically what I did in my script you took a look at. One button to enable either or both levers to go below Flight Idle.

2 hours ago, Ch.Cole said:

... and I'd like to press one button to move both levers below Flight Idle. There's one placed very conveniently on the left throttle. Basically what I did in my script you took a look at. One button to enable either or both levers to go below Flight Idle.

I also would like to use one button for both levers. Anyway, my solution also allows it.