[FIXED 2773] Synthetic Vision Horizon Line too low at cruise altitude

richjb

I noticed that the synthetic vision horizon line is too low at cruise altitude over the central US.  I understand that the SV horizon line will vary with terrain and the altitude of the airplane.  However, over the central US, in both Collins and Garmin SV systems at FL400/410, the SV horizon line usually sets about 3 degrees below the zero (0) pitch attitude line on the pitch attitude later. 

I have included three screen shots below.  First picture is from Hotstart CL650 over western Kansas.  The second and third are from the actual CL350 slightly further west over Taos NM.  The PL21 Enhanced SV in the CL350 has the SV horizon line about 3 degrees below the 0 pitch line.  Hotstart CL650, it's about 7 degrees below the 0 pitch line. 

Thought I would pass this along for further investigation.

Thanks!

Rich Boll

HSCL650 FL400 LBL_GCK.JPG

CL350 FL400.jpg

CL350 FL400  1.jpg

Edited by oisin650

2 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Do you have terrain flattening enabled in X-Plane for runways?

errrrrr.... dunno :)  How about that for answer.   Where would I check for that? 

I don't believe so becomes my runways all have slopes. 

Getting ready to leave the house.  Just shutdown Xplane.  Will check later tonight.

• CaptCrash changed the title to [LOGGED 2773] Synthetic Vision Horizon Line too low at cruise altitude
On 3/16/2022 at 4:18 PM, CaptCrash said:

Hi Rich,

Thanks for pointing it out. This is due to collins rendering terrain farther out than the HS650 currently does. Toto has been made aware and it's been logged for a future update.

Thanks Captain!   

Happy to help, but don't want to be a pain in the backside, either!

Rich  

• 3 weeks later...
  • ois650 changed the title to [FIXED 2773] Synthetic Vision Horizon Line too low at cruise altitude
2 hours ago, oisin650 said:

This issue or request has been fixed/implemented/modified in version 1.5.2

Thanks oisin650!  

I have not had the chance to get the CL650 up to altitude.   I spent yesterday doing CPT/SIT training in it since I had to re-set my presets. 

Quick question, is there any way to get the  nose gear doors open without power and 3A hydraulic pressure in order to get the nose gear pin out?

Thanks!

Rich