can't get past the licensing Activate dialog box

O-baron

Hello, inside x-plane, using the x-aviation 172, I can't get past the X-Aviation Licensing dialog box.

I copy and paste the same id/pw that I log into my account with on the x-aviation site, I see the little message box: Your license was updated,

then the Licensing dialog box comes back and the g500 remains dark.

1 hour ago, O-baron said:

Hello, inside x-plane, using the x-aviation 172, I can't get past the X-Aviation Licensing dialog box.

I copy and paste the same id/pw that I log into my account with on the x-aviation site, I see the little message box: Your license was updated,

then the Licensing dialog box comes back and the g500 remains dark.

You probably have x-plane installed inside the program files folder.

This stops the license file from being saved correctly. 

If this is not the problem please attach a copy of Log.txt from inside the xplane folder to your next post. 

• 1 month later...

@kaselite

You have multiple accounts on X-Aviation, and you can only have one. The license window is coming up because you have products installed from your other account(s) than the one you used to activate the G5 and TBM900 on.

You will need to contact X-Aviation with a request to merge these accounts, specifying which account to merge to.

I discovered the issue (i think)... i have 1 x-aviation account per PC (prod, test 1, test 2) - each of the x-aviation accounts only work with the specific PC, i belive this is by design. 

I made a mistake when i ordered the G500 - i used the incorrect account (test 2, it should have been test 1). There is a possible bug in the installer. If you have two valid x-aviation accounts, the installer username / password only checks if its a valid x-avation user, it does not check if you have purchased the product you about to install. 

So in my case, i ran the installer, used my test 1 credentials, the software downloaded and installed but then of course, it would not validate teh G500 via Gizmo as its the wrong account. 

I have asked x-avation to move the G500 to the right account.