FSE Override

GerdS

• 1 year later...

In comparision with the SR22 Laminar I try to use a comparable Weight, Balance, & Fuel.
Therefore I use the FSE Override and tried to fill the menu accordingly.
But I stumbled over some errors:
1. I discovered that the TKS and Oxigene indication on the System page don't react. They always stay on maximum values.
2. When changing the Units from Metric to US everything is changed from KG to lbs including the TKS.
   But that value should be in gal.
   It should better fit to your description on page 2-13 in SR22 AIM.pdf, and shouldn't be worse than the Laminar SR22 -
3. Futhermore I discovered that the Pilot, Passenger and Baggage is set back to 0.0 when changing the aircraft back and forth.
   The Laminar SR22 bring them back corrrectly.
I use XP Rev 12.07r1 and TorqueSim SR22 G1000 2.0.1

All three items work correctly with SR22 Laminar. What's your opinion to that?

The FSE Override is only meant to be used in cases where you can't use the custom Load Manager (such as using FS Economy where it sets the payload). Some features are not available when in that mode.

Regarding 1. We have our own O2 and TKS system that is active whether in FSE Override or not. We don't use the default system for that, thus the sliders on the default W/B screen mean nothing.

Regarding 2. X-Plane handles those units there, we don't. 

Regarding 3. Again, that would be an X-Plane issue where it isn't saving the weights stored there.

Why they work on the default SR22, I'm not sure, but again, FSE Override is not intended to be fully featured, as we have heaps of custom systems that are best interfaced through the custom load manager. 

@Coop maybe it's an option to remove the FSE override in future versions, to avoid any confusion. The latest iteration of the FSEconomy client allows to exempt a specific aircraft model from loading fuel and/or payload, which is particularly useful for aircraft coming with their own W&B management. The only thing that needs to remain in place is that the following data refs read appropriate values:

sim/aircraft/overflow/acf_tank_rat
sim/aircraft/weight/acf_m_fuel_tot
sim/flightmodel/weight/m_fuel
sim/flightmodel/weight/m_fuel_total

The FSEconomy client will need these to determine the fuel spill and fuel burn, but when automatic loading is switched off, it won't attempt to write them.

If you need more details, just holler me (I'm the author and maintainer of the current FSE client).

2 hours ago, daemotron said:

@Coop maybe it's an option to remove the FSE override in future versions, to avoid any confusion. The latest iteration of the FSEconomy client allows to exempt a specific aircraft model from loading fuel and/or payload, which is particularly useful for aircraft coming with their own W&B management. The only thing that needs to remain in place is that the following data refs read appropriate values:

sim/aircraft/overflow/acf_tank_rat
sim/aircraft/weight/acf_m_fuel_tot
sim/flightmodel/weight/m_fuel
sim/flightmodel/weight/m_fuel_total

The FSEconomy client will need these to determine the fuel spill and fuel burn, but when automatic loading is switched off, it won't attempt to write them.

If you need more details, just holler me (I'm the author and maintainer of the current FSE client).

Thanks for this, I'll get it logged to be looked into.