Plugin (Gizmo) installation path?

martinlest

Hi.. a general question on addon plugins like Gizmo:

I have spent many, many frustrating hours over the past three days trying to find out why one of my payware a/c (not IXEG) has a number of issues in flight: it turns out that it is due to a clash in the resources/plugins folder with a different developer's plugin there (I have yet to find out which, but when I removed the non-Laminar plugins from that folder, the problems disappeared: so I am now at the stage of adding the plugins back to see which is/are causing the problems - a long, frustrating process as the issue only occurs if you set up a flight afresh from the gate and fly to above 10000ft).

The developer in question wonders (in an email to me) why creators of other aircraft for XP11 have to have their plugins install into a default XP folder, where they can potentially clash with others, rather than stick to somewhere within their own aircraft folder structure (as indeed they themselves do). I don't know yet whether the Gizmo plugin will turn out to be the source of the issues, probably not (should know in the next few hours!) but I'd like to ask whether there is a reason why this plugin (as an example) cannot stay within the folder structure of the 733, and has to be installed into this XP common folder instead? The risks of that are clear from my past two days of trying to trace the source of the issues I am having with non-compatible plugins in the same folder.

If the Gizmo plugin were in a IXEG/plugins folder and so (presumably) only loaded when the 733 were itself loaded up for flight, rather than every time XP starts, that would be OK, no?

Many thanks. 

OK, thanks. 

If X-Aviation really needs to put the Gizmo plugin there, then yes, I can if needed always disable it and just have it active for my 733 flights. For now though I have tested the problem I mentioned a bit further and the Gizmo plugin is not the one responsible for it, so the search for the 'rogue plugin' will have to continue (and I'll leave Gizmo.64 active)...

Edited by martinlest