Entegra SR22 Series

jc55jc

We can't replicate the knobs not working, can you show a screenshot or something demonstrating what you are talking about? Regarding popups, they will be centered at your mouse cursor upon release. You can move your mouse to target where you want the popup to show and then release.

18 minutes ago, Sr22captain said:

The knobs for the pop out PFD or MFD only work by putting mouse on left or right side of know and clicking. Not intuitive or consistent but it works. Perhaps a limitation of the XP11, and not the aircraft model.

I've got adding scroll wheel support on the popups on my list to look into.

Everything working great with RealSimGear/RealityXP 430W.  Using that same methodology, how can I remove the bezels off the PDF and MFD, to just have what is shown in image below?  Also, how to have them keep their position and size on pop-out windows? 

FYI...  I'm using AirManager with 2 touchscreens with physical knobs where I drag the PFD and MFD too.  I'm planning to build invisible hot-spots in AirManager (red circles in image below) to replace the bezel buttons.

Also, can you put options (perhaps in the AUX page on MFD, to remove fields on the PFD (ie. green circles in image below)?

image.png.d56f7b394e36b80a4ce56955829046b0.png

The Bezel-less popup can be toggled by clicking on the top of the PFD in the 3D cockpit, near the logo on the bezel. Regarding size saving and positioning, the logic for that goes through the RealSimGear plugin with their hardware. Without that, positions can be saved manually, editing the popups.cfg file for the x and y locations, coordinates are pixels measured from bottom left of the OS primary monitor. 

Regarding PFD customization, it isn't on our scope currently, but we will look into it in the future. 

Here is a basic example on the PFD no bezel. The _x and _y values can be adjusted as needed between loads as needed. With these settings, clicking the area on the top bezel should pop out and position the windows.

pfd_nbzl_monitor_start = -1
pfd_nbzl_popup_at_start = 1
pfd_nbzl_w = 1024
pfd_nbzl_x = 100
pfd_nbzl_y = 100

Super helpful, thank you !

This is what worked for my setup...

# libacfutils configuration file - DO NOT EDIT!
pfd_nbzl_w = 800
pfd_nbzl_h = 600
pfd_nbzl_x = -1828
pfd_nbzl_y =1235

mfd_nbzl_monitor_start = -1
mfd_nbzl_popup_at_start = 1
mfd_nbzl_w = 800
mfd_nbzl_h = 600
mfd_nbzl_x = -1024
mfd_nbzl_y = 1235

• 4 months later...

It seems like they're this but the MFD_Y isn't working it keeps ending up at the top of the main screen instead of in line with the PFD on the lower screens:

mfd_h = 768
mfd_nbzl_h = 768
mfd_nbzl_popup_at_start = -1
mfd_nbzl_w = 971
mfd_nbzl_x = 911
mfd_nbzl_y = 1440
mfd_popup_at_start = 1
mfd_w = 1000
mfd_x = 1946
mfd_y = 1440
pfd_h = 768
pfd_nbzl_h = 768
pfd_nbzl_popup_at_start = -1
pfd_nbzl_w = 1000
pfd_nbzl_x = 695
pfd_nbzl_y = 1440
pfd_popup_at_start = 1
pfd_w = 1000
pfd_x = 695
pfd_y = 1440

Note:  X & Y offsets are based on the monitor that is identified in MS-Windows as the "MAIN MONITOR";  The 0,0 point is the bottom-left corner.  See sample image I attached.

pfd_nbzl_w = 800                          ←←← { Width you want }
pfd_nbzl_h = 600                            ←←← { Height want }
pfd_nbzl_x = -1828                         ←←← { X offset from your main monitor }
pfd_nbzl_y = 1235                           ←←← { Y offset from your main monitor }

mfd_nbzl_popup_at_start = 1
mfd_nbzl_w = 800                           ←←← { Width you want }
mfd_nbzl_h = 600                           ←←← { Height you want }
mfd_nbzl_x = -1024                        ←←← { X offset from your main monitor }
mfd_nbzl_y = 1235                          ←←← { Y offset from your main monitor }

image.png.833ea16360b40fd3f3d79800b0881cba.png

Edited by Pattism
  • Like 1

@Pattismyes I am 100% aware of how the coordinate systems work, but thank you for the thorough explanation. The issue remains all of the settings except MFD_Y functions. I manually positioned the windows and then used WindowMonitor to grab the positions. The PFD ends up in the correct place and the MFD is placed at the top of the largest screen but side to side in the correct location. 

as the pfd is in the correct Y location I would expect duplicating that would work but it does not

Edited by Gremlin

I went through and sanity checked the code for this, to make sure there isn't anything specifically wrong with mfd_y -> I couldn't find anything there. What I am assuming is the case, everything flips out with window positioning when things are positioned beyond the bounds of the screen space. I don't know your monitor resolution, but I'd recommend and trying a smaller _w and _h for the MFD, to make sure it can be positioned within the bounds of the screen space.

Here's a photo of how it comes up with the current settings: I tried shrinking the MFD way dow, the main monitor in windows is the upper wide screen, but it appears to be putting the window in the wrong place. If the  lower left of the main monitor were 0,0 I'd expect to need a -y on both the PFD and the MFD but that does not work and when I move the window around and update it's settings with window manager it reflects the values I've placed here.

mfd_h = 700
mfd_nbzl_h = 768
mfd_nbzl_popup_at_start = -1
mfd_nbzl_w = 971
mfd_nbzl_x = 911
mfd_nbzl_y = 1440
mfd_popup_at_start = 1
mfd_w = 900
mfd_x = 1946
mfd_y = 1460
pfd_h = 768
pfd_nbzl_h = 768
pfd_nbzl_popup_at_start = -1
pfd_nbzl_w = 1000
pfd_nbzl_x = 695
pfd_nbzl_y = 1440
pfd_popup_at_start = 1
pfd_w = 1000
pfd_x = 695
pfd_y = 1440

misplaced windows.png

Here's another experiment I tried changing the values and got something really interesting, I don't understand why the MFD_X and MFD_Y positioned it weher eit did given the PFD_X and Y positions 

mfd_h = 600
mfd_popup_at_start = 1
mfd_w = 600
mfd_x = 50
mfd_y = 50
pfd_h = 768
pfd_popup_at_start = 1
pfd_w = 1000
pfd_x = 695
pfd_y = 1440

changes.png

@Coop I think I know what's going on. It's a combination of what you said, and then I think there's a difference in client area size calcs on the MFD vs the PFD, look at this screen shot (this time full size) the file that created it is included in the shot, and pasted in at the bottom of this. You can see that the client area in the MFD is a different size than it is in the PFD and yet they come up close to identical. Then there seems to be some issue where the lower right monitor has a different Y coordinate than the lower left, despite being able to easily drag windows straight across between them. Not sure why these values mostly work but they do.

I loaded the full image into photoshop and then checked the client areas of the PFD and MFD and they're different more different than the numbers reveal, it feels like the PFD is counting the Non-client area (the title bar) and the MFD is not maybe? I haven't run it down further than this but suggest you try setting the two units to the same size and see if they come up the same on your system

mfd_h = 680
mfd_popup_at_start = 1
mfd_w = 1000
mfd_x = 1950
mfd_y = 0
pfd_h = 768
pfd_popup_at_start = 1
pfd_w = 1000
pfd_x = 695
pfd_y = 1440

Screen shot full size with numbers.jpg

Edited by Gremlin

Hm, they are showing the same size on my end. They are loading the same exact background texture itself. I'm not sure what is going on, but I'm guessing its something with how Windows handles the display coordinates with X-Plane. The interface that X-Plane has gives us essentially no control over the windows to ensure they are properly located, we can only pass the data from the config and hope it is positioned relatively logically.