XP 10 B747

If you start saving now I'm sure you'll have enough for XP10 when it comes out.  It's amazing how much not buying a few special drinks a week adds up to (coffees and soda and whatnot).

You're actually right about this. I noticed it with I-Pad apps. One here for a buck, then one there for a buck, and eventually, you spend slot of money. Lol

I will say though, at one time Digital Edge PC was advertising taking preorders for XP-10 and I THINK that it was listed for $80. I'd want to say that that was reliable since Digital Edge supplies Laminar Research with their PCs, and I also think that the owner is Austin's tech support guy, but I might not be right on this. At any rate, the advertisement has since been taken down (I regret not taking a screen grab of it.)

No sense in speculating I guess. Regardless, I've had X-Plane since version 3.0, so I'm committed to the cause! Lol

I believe I have covered this in the past.

Look for XP 10 to be roughly $99.95 or so. Austin has long talked of the days of "cheap" being back to gone now anytime I've had personal discussions with him.

In OSH we did a promo DISCOUNTED pre-order price of about ~$80. The actual cost of XP 10 is slated to be higher than this pre-order price.

So you are saying that just because there are new improvements the sim should cost more. That would mean, since MS2000 cost 62$, every consecutive version should have an increased price. Even if that price is only 10$, FSX would have cost nearly $100. FSX costs around 30$ depending on what version you buy.

So you are saying that just because there are new improvements the sim should cost more. That would mean, since MS2000 cost 62$, every consecutive version should have an increased price. Even if that price is only 10$, FSX would have cost nearly $100. FSX costs around 30$ depending on what version you buy.

I paid just over $80 for FSX when it came out.  Another $50 for Acceleration Pack.

That was about 4 years ago.

Yes but with xplane 9 the cost decreased a lot so if xp10 is say $80 then it will drop in price as it gets older so its release price is not fixed and FSX hasnt been updated in a while and when or if they update it im sure it wont be 30$. Xplane can be an expensive hobby :-\

Xplane can be an expensive hobby :-\

Most hobbies can be expensive, but it depends on what you get out of it.  If I was to work out how many hours I've had out of xplane (plus payware items) cost, there isn't much in this life which can keep you occupied and entertained for so little.

These days, what you spend on a night out would be enough to get you a decent sim plus a few add-ons.

Yeah, i agree with Nicola here, X-Plane really isn't that expensive of a hobby. Of course it can be, if you bought the top line computer with 6 screens, rudder, yoke, and all that extra stuff. Generally though, you don't need all that to really enjoy the sim.

I look at it as how many hours did i get out of something for the money i put in. say i buy a video game for 60 bucks and put 30 hours into it, well that is pretty good if you compare that to going to the movies, spending 15 bucks for an hour and a half to two hours of enjoyment.

Now if i look at the PMDG MD-11 which i flew when i use to use FSX. I bought it for 80 bucks, and from what vataware.com says, i have flown it 60 plus hours on vatsim.

What i want to say is you can buy a lot of planes you never fly, or by the right ones you will fly and make it worth it. If you buy an X-Plane add-on and you get 10 hours out of it, i think that is pretty good, if you get more, that is even better, but really that is up to you. Are you going to fly 10 or 20 plus hours with a particular add-on?