[SOLVED] Frames in cockpit

Motosuwa

ADMIN NOTE! PLEASE SEE FOLLOWING TOPIC:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Just got V5, installed and for me and my friend, our frames are destroyed inside the plane. Tried on a few planes. Payware, free and default. 
It lasts for a few min then just hard crashes 

**Weirdly, if you have X-Camera on, it seems to "save" the frames but if you don't have it or turn it off. Frames are totally destroyed 

5 minutes ago, Motosuwa said:

**Weirdly, if you have X-Camera on, it seems to "save" the frames but if you don't have it or turn it off. Frames are totally destroyed 

That's strange!

Can both of you provide us with your X-Plane rendering setting options (screenshots), as well as what GPU's you're running?

2 minutes ago, Motosuwa said:

Yup, RAM was maxed and I'm on 32gb.

I had zero issue with V4

*Attached log

Log.txt 140.91 kB · 0 downloads

Can you go into your SkyMaxx Pro settings and switch the volumetric option to something like 'fast' in the cumulus and overcast texture selection menus? Does it actually cause a difference in this case?

Just now, Cameron said:

I actually just had a report of this same situation. The culprit in the moment seemed to be ASXP for some reason.

Really? That's an issue. I cannot fly without ASX. Sound petty I know but I've been using that since P3D days. 

*Just a sidenote, when XP crashes from this bug, it messes with a lot of other applications. Discord has a meltdown, chrome, my webcam etc

Just now, Cameron said:

@Motosuwa @OuterMarker

To confirm, you selected the options in BOTH the overcast and cumulus texture selection windows, then applied, correct?

Just want to make sure I have the points right so we can get to work on trouble shooting this. In these situations, your perf should be like that of SMP v4.

That is correct on my side. Both me and my friend tried a number of settings and still the same. I even removed beta etc, reset XP and still the same issue

Just now, Motosuwa said:

Really? That's an issue. I cannot fly without ASX. Sound petty I know but I've been using that since P3D days. 

Hi, yes. I'm not saying this is permanent. We're on day one here and I don't know what in ASXP was causing to flip out. Mind you, this was on ONE machine.

While we diagnose, I just need to make sure we gather common problems and get this all noted. Can you please try without ASXP active/on at all?

1 minute ago, Cameron said:

Hi, yes. I'm not saying this is permanent. We're on day one here and I don't know what in ASXP was causing to flip out. Mind you, this was on ONE machine.

While we diagnose, I just need to make sure we gather common problems and get this all noted. Can you please try without ASXP active/on at all?

Sure, let me try

4 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Tried without AS and still the same

All great information, guys. Thanks!

@Motosuwa and @OuterMarker,

While we test, can you both do me a favor here? Let's rename your plugins folder to plugins_bak, then create a new folder called 'plugins'. Move SilverLining and Gizmo64.plugin from plugins_bak to plugins.

Now start X-Plane. Does this in any way improve the situation? Can you both also tell me which version of Gizmo you opted for?

2 minutes ago, Cameron said:

While we test, can you both do me a favor here? Let's rename your plugins folder to plugins_bak, then create a new folder called 'plugins'. Move SilverLining and Gizmo64.plugin from plugins_bak to plugins.

Now start X-Plane. Does this in any way improve the situation? Can you both also tell me which version of Gizmo you opted for?

Beta - I will also test this now for you

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Yup, Gizmo beta and the issue is gone with only Gizmo, SilverLining, XPLM and XPWidgets.

• Cameron changed the title to [SOLVED] Frames in cockpit