Cannot Start SR 22 plane

Lighttrail

I cannot get the SR22 to start. I have the batteries on and there is power to the bus. I have tried priming with the boost pump or just leaving it on boost and have attempted various procedures with the mixture and power levers. The prop rotates but it refuses to ignite.I am not used to it being this difficult to start an engine before. Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks. 

I have yet to get this to start.  Not in VR, not in 2D, not even when I click the button that says to start with the engine running.  I would at least expect the hot start thing to work.  Instead, the propeller starts out spinning and then slows down to barely flopping around, but still spinning.  No amount of throttle keeps it going.  Throttle and mixture have no effect.

5 minutes ago, Tom Flynn said:

I have yet to get this to start.  Not in VR, not in 2D, not even when I click the button that says to start with the engine running.  I would at least expect the hot start thing to work.  Instead, the propeller starts out spinning and then slows down to barely flopping around, but still spinning.  No amount of throttle keeps it going.  Throttle and mixture have no effect.

Can you upload your log.txt? Also, do you have any hardware that has a throttle, mixture, prop axis, ignition switch, or something else that could be killing the engine? 

The flow I ended up with after watching several videos and finding my own routine is:

• prime for 3 seconds while mixture lever is around 75 percent
  • power lever is idle
  • switch to boost on fuel pump
  • start engine---props start spinning
  • turn off boost
  • push power lever to around 25 percent
  • then engine starts
  • push mixture lever to max

This all happens in a matter of a few seconds. BTW I have a Saitek switchpanel and this can be a pain for planes like the TBM 900 and this SR22. If you do have a switchpanel, always be sure to turn on your battery and avionics switches right at the beginning when you turn on the plane's batteries.

my issue isn't as simple as flooding the engine.  i looked into my log file, I got the "Error Code = 126" issue i saw mentioned in another thread.  that thread said to install the visual studio redistributable runtime (vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi).  unfortunately, when i try to install that, i get an error message that it can't be installed.  Torquesim needs to either statically link it or include it with the distribution of the SR22 package.

hey guys, any ETA on a hotfiix for this?

thanks in advance...

18 hours ago, Tom Flynn said:

my issue isn't as simple as flooding the engine.  i looked into my log file, I got the "Error Code = 126" issue i saw mentioned in another thread.  that thread said to install the visual studio redistributable runtime (vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi).  unfortunately, when i try to install that, i get an error message that it can't be installed.  Torquesim needs to either statically link it or include it with the distribution of the SR22 package.

hey guys, any ETA on a hotfiix for this?

thanks in advance...

The guide for installing the latest redistributable can be installed here: https://torquesim.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/topic/a7a12d04-db0f-4347-9a15-b232956f57b1/article/128188431

4 hours ago, Coop said:

yeah, i found that in the other thread.  it fails to install.  i don't know what to say other than i'll probably have to take a half dozen screenshots to show you guys the dialogs.

19 hours ago, Tom Flynn said:

yeah, i found that in the other thread.  it fails to install.  i don't know what to say other than i'll probably have to take a half dozen screenshots to show you guys the dialogs.

I am not sure why a Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable wouldn't install, if you can send some screenshots I might be able to help further.

This is the first time I've seen that error from Microsoft. I would recommend attempting to uninstall the old Visual Studio C++ Redistributables, but potentially the registry could be corrupted, Microsoft's guidance if the uninstall fails is attempt running the "Fix It" tool:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed and then try running the install again.

Beyond that, my further guidance would be to contact Microsoft support to figure out what is blocking the redistributable from getting installed.

Hi Everybody...

i have the same problem .. i can't start the engine.... xplane b17 and with all ... and.. on bat1 and bat2 if got a warning... OIL Press and i can't resolved...

could you give me a solution? nothing found on manual and this ding dong are extremly .......

br

Ruedi

Good news for me.  That Microsoft "Fix it" tool that you linked to helped.  I was able to remove what appeared to be redundant runtimes and then install the redistributable runtime.  After that, I got the crash to desktop issues everyone else was having after registering.  And after that, I was finally able to start with the engine running and go flying!  This will be helpful.  I'm already working on getting used to not reaching for the heading knob and fms knobs up on the panel and instead using the ones on the center console.  For setting up the flight plan, it's a blessing using the keyboard rather than dialing in everything via the knobs.  So, yeah, this will be really helpful to get familiar with the '22 before hopping into the real thing.

I exclusively fly in VR, so here's a couple of notes:

- when the registration dialog pops up, and the user had started xplane in VR, there is no way to provide focus to the dialog to fill it in.  had to start in 2D and register it there.

- movement of the heading bug is excruciatingly slow.  a full turn of my wrist is about 5-10 degrees max.  compare that with the xplane 172 or Vision Jet where it is ~90+ degrees.

- it seemed difficult to move the fuel selection lever.  sorry, i don't have more detail, i didn't spend a lot of time on it.

- as others have mentioned, movement of the throttle and mixture are a bit awkward with having to move up/down vs forward/backward.  if i end up spending a lot of time in this, i'll end up getting a physical throttle/mixture quadrant (and i guess mounting it to the side of my seat??) since even if you fix the up/down problem selecting the throttle with the controller is going to be awkward with the way xplane works.

I also want to reiterate an earlier point about the redistributable runtime.  I've never had to install/fight with this with any other software before.  I don't develop for Windows, but do develop for several other platforms.  Don't just accept that people can work around the issue.  I know you guys can do better.  

Finally, I know some of this sounded a bit negative, but keep up the hard work.  It is really going to provide a great benefit for those transitioning to this aircraft!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom Flynn said:

Good news for me.  That Microsoft "Fix it" tool that you linked to helped.  I was able to remove what appeared to be redundant runtimes and then install the redistributable runtime.  After that, I got the crash to desktop issues everyone else was having after registering.  And after that, I was finally able to start with the engine running and go flying!  This will be helpful.  I'm already working on getting used to not reaching for the heading knob and fms knobs up on the panel and instead using the ones on the center console.  For setting up the flight plan, it's a blessing using the keyboard rather than dialing in everything via the knobs.  So, yeah, this will be really helpful to get familiar with the '22 before hopping into the real thing.

Glad the fix it tool worked!

7 minutes ago, Tom Flynn said:

I exclusively fly in VR, so here's a couple of notes:

- when the registration dialog pops up, and the user had started xplane in VR, there is no way to provide focus to the dialog to fill it in.  had to start in 2D and register it there.

- movement of the heading bug is excruciatingly slow.  a full turn of my wrist is about 5-10 degrees max.  compare that with the xplane 172 or Vision Jet where it is ~90+ degrees.

- it seemed difficult to move the fuel selection lever.  sorry, i don't have more detail, i didn't spend a lot of time on it.

- as others have mentioned, movement of the throttle and mixture are a bit awkward with having to move up/down vs forward/backward.  if i end up spending a lot of time in this, i'll end up getting a physical throttle/mixture quadrant (and i guess mounting it to the side of my seat??) since even if you fix the up/down problem selecting the throttle with the controller is going to be awkward with the way xplane works.

The VR config coming in 1.0.1 should improve a lot of these issues significantly. The rest should be addressed with a 1.0.2 update to get everything working perfectly in VR.

8 minutes ago, Tom Flynn said:

I also want to reiterate an earlier point about the redistributable runtime.  I've never had to install/fight with this with any other software before.  I don't develop for Windows, but do develop for several other platforms.  Don't just accept that people can work around the issue.  I know you guys can do better.  

We are using the Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 compiler to build the Windows version of the plugin, hopefully Microsoft gets it's act together and starts bundling their run time redistributable with their operating system instead of forcing users to install it, but that is an issue squarely in Microsoft's court to address.

Happy flying!