[SOLVED] No wind direction or speed indicator?

You guys crack me up with this stuff. :P

This, the topic about autothrottle, vnav assistance, etc...yes, you DO actually have to fly the CRJ and be a pilot, just as in real life. ;)

I know Phillip's intention was not to report this as a bug or something missing, but the later replies suggest that it may be. Such is the way with the other items I've listed above. If the real plane doesn't have it, neither do we. ;)

I have looked at the crj images on google and realized immediately after my post that she doesnt have one so thanks Cam for the clarification.......I will now remove face form palm......stupid admittance #2 is that I tried to taxi with the gpu bouncing alongside the plane yesterday! kept wondering....why wont she pick up speed!!! dirty great generator still hooked up to the underside of the aircraft...d'oh!

Thanks Cameron et all.......love the plane!

I have looked at the crj images on google and realized immediately after my post that she doesnt have one so thanks Cam for the clarification.......I will now remove face form palm......stupid admittance #2 is that I tried to taxi with the gpu bouncing alongside the plane yesterday! kept wondering....why wont she pick up speed!!! dirty great generator still hooked up to the underside of the aircraft...d'oh!

Thanks Cameron et all.......love the plane!

Yeah, the thing with the generator... LOL I remember doing a full flight with the GPU cart dangling from the fuselage until I sometime went to outside spot view to notice it :P

Too bad I don't have a screenshot.

Philipp

I think there is one.

Confusing.

Anyways, I doubt (considering what have been achieved here) that this is particularly difficult to implement (datarefs available in xplane?). Perhaps in future update?

Kind regards,

Kamil

wind indicator is on the real plane and can be turned on and off visible above efis map. As well as GPS derived terrain which this plane wont have also on the FMS of the real CRJ you can get the wind information on the FMS such as headwind, crosswind so forth and SAT/ISA DEV info that is already on the x aviation CRJ

Yeah, I thought it was kinda weird that a commercial aircraft like this wouldn't have a windspeed indicator...so you guys think you'll throw that in the next update?

We have to be very careful putting inside these little requests. What appear to be easy maybe is not so.

Don't know if will be on next patch. Maybe yes maybe no. But for sure we we more important things to add first. We have to maintain priorities in what is more important for this next patch. And I have it clear. Solve the list of bugs, that already we did it, but still is needed some more and testings before release.

Thanks

Javier,

This is the very reason why I said 'in future update', not 'in next update'. :-)

Take your time. It simply would be very nice to see it in your CRJ at some point in time.

Kind regards,

Kamil

of course I know there are some people that can wait, but others not. Usually those than not is because everything is working correctly for them so they want the plane to be increased in functions. But I just want inform all that for sure we will make more functions on future (if possible on team), but first we must ensure people that are having important bugs that don't let them fly the plane, get all resolved.

So I just wanted to inform that this next 1.1 version will be mostly for bugs resolving. There will be little improvements also, but not so few.

Well, people also should learn how to calculate how to do it as well.  Most of us fly this sim to "pretend" (for lack of a better word) to be a pilot.  Real world pilots don't always have all this information fed to them.  They have to know how to calculate things like top of descent, diversion calculations, wind direction and speed, as well as many other things, all while concentrate on flying.  Its certainly a lot more than just sitting there and watching the scenery go by.  So that said, for those of you interested, go online and buy yourselves an E6B flight computer.  Its essentially a circular slide rule with TONS of aviation calculations on it that is a bitch to use if you're unfamiliar, but easy, once you are.

You can do it manually too, but I need to look up the calculations...

That's not really true though, Real world pilots are given the winds and temperatures of reach fix on their Flight Plan. No figuring out the winds in the air. (How would they do that? hang a wind sock out the window?)

Well you know what your true course is supposed to be, so correct that for magnetic variance and compass deviation first.  Then look to see what compass heading it takes to maintain the track you're supposed to be on.  From there you can figure out your wind correction angle.  Then all you have to do is get your ground speed (either through your display, DME, or through a bearing change calculation), and input it, your TAS, and correction angle into your E6B and BAM you have winds aloft.  We do it all the time on long cross countries in GA aircraft (especially while working on my commercial pilots certificate), for fuel tracking purposes as well as to relieve boredom on longer legs...