Announcing the AFM G5 Instrument Pack!

Cameron

@Coop

The issue might also be caused by my system. I am running 7 screens with 2 videocards and my current x-plane is filled up with plugins. I will do some more testing and report back.

Just flew my first ILS with the AFM G5 and it is really nice. However I am missing features that I really hope that will be added in the next versions. I am sure you have a shortlist of features to be added otherwise I will be happy to supply one :D

I really hope that development will continue for this instrument so that it will be a must have for x-plane. This tiny instrument has a lot more functionality than one would think at first sight.

17 minutes ago, Davenl said:

@Coop

The issue might also be caused by my system. I am running 7 screens with 2 videocards and my current x-plane is filled up with plugins. I will do some more testing and report back.

Just flew my first ILS with the AFM G5 and it is really nice. However I am missing features that I really hope that will be added in the next versions. I am sure you have a shortlist of features to be added otherwise I will be happy to supply one :D

I really hope that development will continue for this instrument so that it will be a must have for x-plane. This tiny instrument has a lot more functionality than one would think at first sight.

The issue with the screen edge being cut off is due to the G5 being rendered at a resolution too high for the panel.png texture of the aircraft. 

We are open to all feature requests! We have a list we are going through now, but feel free to add your own here: https://afms.im/fReq (then I can link you to the features so I can keep you updated on progress, etc.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coop said:

The issue with the screen edge being cut off is due to the G5 being rendered at a resolution too high for the panel.png texture of the aircraft. 

In the last screenshot it shows both PDF A and PFD B at the same time. Wouldn't both be affected by the same panel.png? On A I can either display the full horizon or HSI. On the same moment B only gives either half the horizon or half the HSI. I will do some more testing tomorrow to see if I can pinpoint the issue.

3 hours ago, Coop said:

We are open to all feature requests! We have a list we are going through now, but feel free to add your own here: https://afms.im/fReq (then I can link you to the features so I can keep you updated on progress, etc.)

Great! I will have a good look at it and will make some requests after testing!

20 hours ago, Davenl said:

In the last screenshot it shows both PDF A and PFD B at the same time. Wouldn't both be affected by the same panel.png? On A I can either display the full horizon or HSI. On the same moment B only gives either half the horizon or half the HSI. I will do some more testing tomorrow to see if I can pinpoint the issue.

Great! I will have a good look at it and will make some requests after testing!

It appears that PFD B is going beyond the edge of Panel.png so some of the G5 fits, while the rest doesn't.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 1:21 AM, Coop said:

V-speed flags are currently not integrated, but it is a feature we are considering! It should also be feasible to integrate as the plugin currently is via the adjustable texture for the tape.

See also my full first evaluation at

Edited by Peter Bremer
  • Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/8/2020 at 6:20 AM, Jim4XPlane said:

The airplane I use in X-Plane only has a 2D model cockpit. I've created a G5-like EFIS display but would really like to use the AFM G5. Can I add G5s to a 2D cockpit?

Jim

G5s can be rendered onto the 2D cockpit as just the screen, or popup windows can be located and used for them instead. Right now these features are in the 1.1.0 beta, PM me for access if you decide to use the G5.

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Lolo4Fly said:

Hello everybody,
I'm totally not an expert about panels, but I would ask if it is possible to install the AFM  G5 Instrument pack in the SimCoders Carenado C210 Centurion.

Thank you so much

You can have the G5's in any aircraft in the 2D popup mode.

If you want 3D integration then the ideal way is to ask the developer to do so. We'd be happy to provide a copy to any of these developer's who would like to do so.

• 1 month later...
  • Coop unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

1.- I would like to know if there are more modified aircraft with the use of the installer only, like the C172SP does, make me wonder if that happen with the x-plane native aircraft.

2.- would you be kind to let me know what kind of conditions make to meet the easy installation aircraft, if there is more, what I must to look for?

thanks in advance for your time I appreciate your answer

Edited by jadamian

10 hours ago, jadamian said:

1.- I would like to know if there are more modified aircraft with the use of the installer only, like the C172SP does, make me wonder if that happen with the x-plane native aircraft.

2.- would you be kind to let me know what kind of conditions make to meet the easy installation aircraft, if there is more, what I must to look for?

thanks in advance for your time I appreciate your answer

There are 3D integrations for aircraft shown on the table here: https://afmsim.com/g5/

• TorqueSim BN-2B/2T Islanders
  • AFM M20R Ovation II
  • PWDT Zlin Z-142
  • LES C23 Sundowner

The specifics on installation on these are shown on the table, the Islanders and Sundowner will auto-install with the aircraft's installer. The M20 and Zlin need some manual copy and pasting of files.