Release Candidate 1

Interesting to learn of new customs. If It came out tonight that would be exciting, but I won't hold my breath. (I've had dreams that it was released every night this week and woke up and rushed to the computer to check.)

Wow, seriously! I've had a dream about it coming out before. Boy was I upset when I woke up! ;D

And I doubt the 1st of May is going to dictate the release. It all depends on what needs to be done and how long that will take. We are approaching the one month mark pretty soon, so who knows though...

Keep hoping... :)

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh well, Such is life :P

Yeah, you just have to deal with it. In X-Plane, "VERY close" could mean "two months!" ;) I've found it easier to try and forget it. If you come and look at the screenshots and videos, it just makes the wait more unbearable. Back last summer, I decided not to look at the CRJ thread. Good thing, because I would have driven myself crazy. :) With release being supposedly very close, that is almost impossible to do now...

Everybody is trying their best though, so it'll happen! :)

My Guestimate that if it were to be released this weekend the Optimum time for that would be between 5-7PM EST tonight. Gives users enough time to fly tonight and tomorrow. Tomorrow would be less ideal because people would be preparing for the week ahead, but it could be released tomorrow morning I suppose. Either way it will be done when it's done. Hard medicine to swallow though, especially when things seem done (at least from my standpoint).

My Guestimate that if it were to be released this weekend the Optimum time for that would be between 5-7PM EST tonight. Gives users enough time to fly tonight and tomorrow. Tomorrow would be less ideal because people would be preparing for the week ahead, but it could be released tomorrow morning I suppose. Either way it will be done when it's done. Hard medicine to swallow though, especially when things seem done (at least from my standpoint).

Yeah. I just hope it doesn't come out at the beginning of next week. This weekend is the ideal time for me to fly, but if it's not done, then it's not done...

I think it will be released when all the bugs are ironed out.

I've heard how the CRJ optimizes cores, but just wondering if anyone know's how this will compare to the SSJ100 in terms of FPS.

Don't think you can compare the two: completely different internal systems.

But isn't it mostly the obj's that affect the frames?

If you load the plane without any plugin you will have the same frames as my seamax or Mentor. Even with more objects inside. So 50-60 frames.

The plugin is what is taking the frames, so that is why Philipp made the multicore function. More cores, more fps.

With a dual core, considering that a Mac will get extra FPS, how many frames would you expect me to loose if I'm getting 60 FPS on the Mentor now as it is? I know you can't give me an exact, but I just want to know if it will be detrimental.

Somewhere in between 3.7 and 4.2 frames per second less.

Could we please stop all those 'when will it be released', 'how many fps will I get if my cat is three years old and I am driving blue Prius' sort of a questions? It is getting *boring*. If one is unsure whether his or her PC will run it smoothly then best approach to take is to wait for post-release reviews as well as cross check with minimum hardware requirements which surely will be provided at the time of release.

It is simply annoying to see new posts here hoping for interesting update but getting the same nonsense all over again.

Sorry for my tone, I probably was holding it for little too long and it grew big.

Kind regards,

Kamil

Somewhere in between 3.7 and 4.2 frames per second less.

Could we please stop all those 'when will it be released', 'how many fps will I get if my cat is three years old and I am driving blue Prius' sort of a questions? It is getting *boring*. If one is unsure whether his or her PC will run it smoothly then best approach to take is to wait for post-release reviews as well as cross check with minimum hardware requirements which surely will be provided at the time of release.

It is simply annoying to see new posts here hoping for interesting update but getting the same nonsense all over again.

Sorry for my tone, I probably was holding it for little too long and it grew big.

Kind regards,

Kamil

I'm not sure where anyone asked about a release date. Some people, including me, were guessing, but I don't think nobody is giving the dev's crap. The posts made today were just for talk and weren't directed toward Cameron or Javier or anyone else that was involved in the project. We're all aware that it will come out when it comes out, and are simply trying to occupy ourselves. :)

As for my FPS question, I want to get the best idea of how it will perform. It would suck if I read all of the manuals and studied hard, just to figure out that it won't run well anyway. I'm pretty confident about my system, but I'm a little paranoid because this is the plane I've been waiting for ever since I discovered it.

Thanks for the input, and yes, it is getting boring talking about the same stuff. And also, thanks for the opportunity to make a "That's what she said..." joke. ;D

And by asking when it's out, i assume we've all memorized the manuals?

The manual is disappointing, not as much humor as the tutorial! Except for this gem, sounds dirty to me:

'Fist design studies began on 1987'

And I love the CRJ filling up at the petrol station! Fill her up mate...