Skymaxx problems

tecu13

Hello guys,

I just need help or some information about this issue. I just recently updated to Sierra on my Mac and Skymaxx pro was working well. But when i updated the simulator to 10.51 skymaxx stopped working. No clouds. I looked on forums and I found a beta version of gizmo but I read that it only works for 30 days and I also noticed and the option tab on the right of the simulator under XA activation key and a windows shows saying that not will expires on 180 days. Why is this since I bought the product two days ago.

Thanks guys!

Skymaxpro as well as most x-aviation products relies on GIZMO plugin to work, they provide the plugin embedded on their products.

Problem is, the newer operating system from apple 'SIERRA' breaks GIZMO, so most products from x-aviation stopped working for people that upgraded their mac as yourself. Major os releases always break things, that is why people is always encouraged not upgrading to newer OS right away until fully tested first.

In order to get people working again, the developers have released a gizmo beta version that fixes sierra issues for testing and feedback. The beta version has a time expire because it will be replaced for a definitive gizmo plugin when ready. This is just to prevent people from going forever under a beta version.

You as a legitimate customer have 3 options:

-Stop using skymaxpro until gizmo sierra compatible version is ready.

or

-Install the gizmo beta version for sierra to get your product back working and install the definitive gizmo plugin version when ready.

or

-roll back to el capitan os if you did a backup to get gizmo working again.

hope this clarifies

Edited by mmerelles
misspelling

10 hours ago, mmerelles said:

Skymaxpro as well as most x-aviation products relies on GIZMO plugin to work, they provide the plugin embedded on their products.

Problem is, the newer operating system from apple 'SIERRA' breaks GIZMO, so most products from x-aviation stopped working for people that upgraded their mac as yourself. Major os releases always break things, that is why people is always encouraged not upgrading to newer OS right away until fully tested first.

In order to get people working again, the developers have released a gizmo beta version that fixes sierra issues for testing and feedback. The beta version has a time expire because it will be replaced for a definitive gizmo plugin when ready. This is just to prevent people from going forever under a beta version.

You as a legitimate customer have 3 options:

-Stop using skymaxpro until gizmo sierra compatible version is ready.

or

-Install the gizmo beta version for sierra to get your product back working and install the definitive gizmo plugin version when ready.

or

-roll back to el capitan os if you did a backup to get gizmo working again.

hope this clarifies

Thanks so much for your replay. I appreciate your time. Now my question is. How do people know or receives updates about when the gizmo is ready? 

• 3 years later...

Hi!

Please, I had problems with framerate with the last update of SkyMaxPro. With SkyMaxPro I use to have better frame rate than I have with default weather engine (awesome!) but with the last version framerate drops suddenly and I get a message from Xplane saying that fps are down to 20fps (I use to have 60). I use SkyMaxPro with Real Weather Connector and FS Global Real Weather. I installed the previous version and all is working perfect.

I use to shut down Gizmo plugin when I use another aircrafts, and I´ve read here that SkyMaxPro uses the same plugin.

Why is this happening? Is a version bug or something I´m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

I had a CTD after a total freeze (not responding state) of X-Plane just now, while doing my first test flight with 11.50b (Vulkan enabled) and Skymaxx 4.92, FSGRW and Real Weather Connector.  The clouds were redrawn, which meant that the weather just refreshed. After this, the framerates just plummeted from around 28-35fps to 11fps! This was with the Zibo 738 version 3.40.9 (1904 rev1) and a totaly separate copy of X-Plane 11.50 installed. It was during climb at around 35,000ft, climbin to 37, 000ft during a flight from Chicago O'Hare KORD, to Toronto Pearson CYYZ.  I have had some issues even in the OpenGL version of X-Plane, totally freezing and crashing due to SkyMaxx. If I clear all weather, the framerates go up and no crashes occur. Unfortunately, I tried to re-load the flight, so I didn't save the log.txt from the original crash.

11 minutes ago, Byrna55 said:

I have had some issues even in the OpenGL version of X-Plane, totally freezing and crashing due to SkyMaxx.

Hi! Please provide us concrete proof and context on how you have definitely singled out SMP so we can look into this. Please do not provide guesses.

I'll give you the proof once I have the TIME to do so! It takes time to setup a new flight you know and right now, I have to go out. Suffice to say that I have years of experience with FS2004, FSX with Active Sky, and a year's worth with SkyMaxx on X-Plane. I just uninstalled all of Skymaxx and it's components. I'll do a flight probably this evening with X-Plane's default weather.  Add-ons cause nothing but problems with flight sims and this hasn't changed (yet) with Vulkan in X-Plane 11.50b2. I'll try a flight with X-Plane's live weather (real-world). I am quite done with weather add-ons though. I have, like everyone else, much slower frame-rates due to clouds and other aspects of weather add-ons. There was even a discussion in the X-Plane forums about how much of a major frame-rate hit, weather has on performance.

System specs may be AMD, but I don't make apologies for using AMD, because I feel NVidia charge way too much for a mere "ray tracing" and even if they have better drivers and cards, I could not see myself paying for them.  See my basic specs below.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700x

GPU: AMD MSI Radeon RX-5700 Evoke, 8GB VRAM

motherboard: ASUS Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4, 2666MHz., CL16

Xplane 11.50B2, Windows 10 64-bit

John

40 minutes ago, Byrna55 said:

I'll give you the proof once I have the TIME to do so! It takes time to setup a new flight you know and right now, I have to go out.

Honestly not interested in the defensive excuses. If you're going to make it a point to come and blame a product for your problems, at least back it up. What you have to do during the day is your own business, but if you're too busy then please don't come in here making claims without concrete proof of evidence.

41 minutes ago, Byrna55 said:

System specs may be AMD, but I don't make apologies for using AMD, because I feel NVidia charge way too much for a mere "ray tracing" and even if they have better drivers and cards, I could not see myself paying for them.  See my basic specs below.

Why are you making excuses and getting defensive about AMD? Just back up your claims. It's simple. This isn't an Nvidia vs AMD war.

Here is one screenshot I did manage to take earlier today during the climb. As you can see, there aren't many clouds but it's still partly covered. The framerate was consistently around 28-38 approximately when it suddenly dropped. The new X-Plane plug-in manager shows the pie chart, with Skymaxx using up a very large amount of resources. 

I will have more proof when I re-install SkyMaxx and FSGRW+RWC. This is all I have now, because it's more important for us simmers to fly than to worry about getting log.txt files. I didnt' have hardly any CTDs with X-Plane (OpenGL) over the past 14 months that I've flown it and of that I flew about 12 months with SkyMaxx and the rest. But frame-rates went down a lot during cloudy, especially heavily cloudy flights or ones with precipitation using SkyMaxx.

We simmers are also not interested in your incomplete software and demands about we having to provide you with info. We are not here to serve you the software developers! YOU serve us the customers! You should talk more amongst yourselves, with Laminar Research, the makers of Gizmo add-in etc... and get your bugs worked out before you release software. I work in technical support and am tired of bad software.  I know it takes time to perfect things, but today, I was not interested in fixing anything, but just flying. Since everything was going perfectly until this framerate drop and freeze, then I closed X-Plane after waiting for about 1-2 minutes for it to unfreeze. I know what you need as info, so don't lecture me!

Further, I just finished a flight with Skymaxx uninstalled and the X-Plane "use real world weather" enabled. The frame rates were consistently between 24-40fps and there was not a single instance of freezing, not even momentary. It was bad weather after approaching Montreal which has rain and heavy clouds now. I flew from Toronto to Montreal, since Chicago's weather already cleared up since this morning. No issues at all with default XP weather live downloads. 

I'll try to re-install SkyMaxx and see what happens, capture a log if it does freeze or crash.

Chicago to Toronto Zibo 738 April 9 2020 - sudden framerate drop during climb.jpg

Edited by Byrna55

1 hour ago, Byrna55 said:

We simmers are also not interested in your incomplete software and demands about we having to provide you with info. We are not here to serve you the software developers! 

Absolutely ridiculous and ill informed statement. You're running beta software in an experimental mode on SkyMaxx, and here you are being a demanding a$$. Please, get over yourself.

1 hour ago, Byrna55 said:

You should talk more amongst yourselves, with Laminar Research, the makers of Gizmo add-in etc... and get your bugs worked out before you release software. I work in technical support and am tired of bad software.

Perhaps you should consider that this is not how software works. You can only go so far with a test group before it's time to release to the masses who have more variations of hardware from various manufacturers, in various OS languages from around the world than you can shake a stick at. Ever pause to think that Laminar had an internal beta with a good chunk of testers for months before releasing X-Plane Vulkan/Metal? They literally waited till all bugs were cleared amongst developers. Here we are after mass release with 3 betas in almost a as many days with X-Plane 11.5.

Furthermore, we produce Gizmo. And, the fact SkyMaxx Pro is able to work in Vulkan is because we directly worked with Laminar to get them to allow it. You're making all kinds of statements that are literally idiotic in nature.

I'm really not interested in your nasty behavior OR uneducated smarta$$ comments. If you want to help, cool. If you don't, steer clear or we'll steer you clear ourselves. I'm serious about that. You very obviously have little experience in software support. We don't need to keep hashing that out. Got it? I sure do hope so.

Don't even bother responding here unless you actually want to help. Otherwise, don't run beta software, and don't run experimental modes in beta software. You're evidently not cut out for it at the moment as it is with your temper.

1 minute ago, mjrhealth said:

Just did a 1 hr flight in overcast conditions, (its raining here) and not a singe fps drop, im happy fps better than 30

Glad to hear of your positive results! Please do keep us informed if you do find any bugs. Squishing them is a priority. :)

53 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Absolutely ridiculous and ill informed statement. You're running beta software in an experimental mode on SkyMaxx, and here you are being a demanding a$$. Please, get over yourself.

Perhaps you should consider that this is not how software works. You can only go so far with a test group before it's time to release to the masses who have more variations of hardware from various manufacturers, in various OS languages from around the world than you can shake a stick at. Ever pause to think that Laminar had an internal beta with a good chunk of testers for months before release X-Plane Vulkan/Metal? They literally waited till all bugs were cleared amongst developers. Here we are after mass release with 3 betas in almost a as many days with X-Plane 11.5.   

- no not at all, I am aware that this is a beta, but I have had several CTDs with X-Plane due to heavy weather (clouds, snow or rain storms), and this was with 11.41 or earlier OpenGL versions - FINAL versions. They were too few in number though to report. I am not the one attacking, you are. I just made a passing comment (based on an entire YEAR of experience and years more before that, of which 4 with MSFS and 20 in tech support), and you immediately started being harsh and started attacking, "mate"!!!  I don't CARE if you're the founder of the United Flight Simmers Association, YOU'RE full of yourself.

- Communicating doesn't mean it is ready even for a beta release.  And that's not even my point anyways; I was just making an experienced observation in a forum where people DISCUSS matters, in a CIVILIZED manner, WITHOUT being attacked!!! You got THAT, little boy?

Furthermore, we produce Gizmo. And, the fact SkyMaxx Pro is able to work in Vulkan is because we directly worked with Laminar to get them to allow it. You're making all kinds of statements that are literally idiotic in nature.

I'm really not interested in your nasty behavior OR uneducated smarta$$ comments. If you want to help, cool. If you don't, steer clear or we'll steer you clear ourselves. I'm serious about that. You very obviously have little experience in software support. We don't need to keep hashing that out. Got it? I sure do hope so. 

Don't even bother responding here unless you actually want to help. Otherwise, don't run beta software, and don't run experimental modes in beta software. You're evidently not cut out for it at the moment as it is with your temper.

- "idiotic" ey? You are too wrapped up in your bird-brained developer "world" to understand what I am really saying here. That's the problem with developers - they are totally clueless about the "real world" of end users and their needs! Oh, they THINK they know, but they don't!  You ALL need to get over YOURSELVES!

- All I see is that you are the a$$hole here, not me! Get over YOURSELF, because I was only making a small comment which you grabbed like a maniac and turned into a WAR of words! Do grow up little boy!... or shut up!

- I JUST DID! It is your harsh response to my initial post which makes me, actually laugh at you, because you seem to think you need to defend yourself by making everyone else look small, "uneducated" and what what was that word you used? - oh yes, "idiotic".  The kind of "nasy behaviour" which I did not demonstrate on my very first post here, but which you DID! And, if the admins of this forum do remain neutral, should be reported to them as abusive language.  But never mind. I have wasted enough time with you. You're a sad little excuse for anything, let alone a developer; and you DON'T CARE nor know anything about customer service. You see - I'M the customer here, and YOU are the service dude.  Check it out in Wikipedia. MAYBE you'll actually LEARN something about humans, end users and MANNERS!!!