IXEG dataref access via UDP

jfjoubert

Hi,

Is it possible to read the custom IXEG datarefs via UDP?

I was looking at the SET DATAREF STRUCTURE which can be used to set a dataref via UDP to any value... so this should work for sending data to x-plane.

But it seems as though it's not so easy to read custom datarefs from x-plane via UDP. The data output screen only allows a set list of items to be sent out via UDP.

It seems as though you will have to create an SDK plugin to be able to send custom dataref values via UDP.

Is this the case, or is there another way?

This would be quite nice for using Arduinos etc. to be able to interface to the IXEG plane as well as for Android and IOS devices.

I am not expert here just trying to help.

Document provided withing /xplane 10/instructions/sending data to xplane.rtf provides the information how to set a dataref / how to read back.

To my understanding sending/reading via UDP is not related to the IXEG or any particular bird. This is how you interact with xplane and xplane should allow you to manipulate set/read any dataref or other plane commands/features.

12 minutes ago, jfjoubert said:

OK, finally managed to get it working, but... :blink:

I can't find the dataref for the CLR key on the IXEG CDU's... DataRefTool is not picking them up.

I can't clear the scratchpad remotely. :lol:

Anyone able to tell me what it is?

I did not test because i have no remote cdu hardware. But got these from the included documentation:

ixeg/733/FMC/cdu1_clr
ixeg/733/FMC/cdu2_clr

have you tried them? not working?

8 minutes ago, jfjoubert said:

Nope, not working... 

ixeg/733/FMC/cdu1_del is the DELETE key which is working but not the CLR key.

All other keys are working 100% except SP which seems to not be implemented.

I am not saying ixeg/733/FMC/cdu1_del (delete) i am saying ixeg/733/FMC/cdu1_clr (clear)

I just went to joystick & assignment for testing purposes, assigned a key to ixeg/733/FMC/cdu1_clr and it works flawlessly, each key push clears a character on the scratchpad.

Remember also this is a custom command NOT a dataref as you call it above which makes a difference. Datarefs (memory positions) are a whole different thing

Hi, thanks for the info. 

Apologies... I was merely saying that the DELETE key was working.

I'm using a third party plugin which is exposing all datarefs via sockets. So I'm not using any commands. It simply seems as though the dataref for the CLR key was not mapped.

I even tried to map to  ixeg/733/FMC/cdu1_clr in FlyWithLua with no success... all other custom IXEG CDU datarefs are fine in FlyWithLUA.

Thanks for the help.

20 minutes ago, jfjoubert said:

Hi, thanks for the info. 

Apologies... I was merely saying that the DELETE key was working.

I'm using a third party plugin which is exposing all datarefs via sockets. So I'm not using any commands. It simply seems as though the dataref for the CLR key was not mapped.

I even tried to map to  ixeg/733/FMC/cdu1_clr in FlyWithLua with no success... all other custom IXEG CDU datarefs are fine in FlyWithLUA.

Thanks for the help.

Again, this is not a dataref.

A dataref is a memory position, a variable, were you can read and/or write values.

A custom command is an order, a command. When you trigger it, it does something pre-programmed. You can not read or write anything. If you map a custom command as if you were treating a dataref it wont work!!!

• 3 weeks later...