Gizmo Going Crazy on departure [1.0.6]

Zain

Hello! 

Just loaded up and updated to the latest hot fix. On departure out of TNCM for SKBO (route: BOPAT2 DANDE A516 MILOK UA516 PJG UG431 STB UA567 BUV BUV1A) I received all kinds of soft crashes. Climb page was gone and almost any command into the aircraft was popping up an error. I have attached a few screenshots for you guys. 

Is there a way to roll back to 1.0.5 until this is solved? Can't stand the thought of not being able to fly this bird for a bit :D

Thanks and Good luck!

Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 1.19.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 1.20.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 1.20.32 PM.png

Hi,

this is the same error we see over and over - the other ones are just follow-up crashes.

I am not sure you can revert (you could before by putting in the code number for previous hotfixes), but I expect this one to get fixed within a very short timeframe.

Tom is still asleep (it´s 05:40 a.m. in Texas)...

Jan

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Hi,

this is the same error we see over and over - the other ones are just follow-up crashes.

I am not sure you can revert (you could before by putting in the code number for previous hotfixes), but I expect this one to get fixed within a very short timeframe.

Tom is still asleep (it´s 05:40 a.m. in Texas)...

Jan

Absolutely no problem! Thanks for the response. Will wait for the fix. :) Take care

I have 3 fixes in this emergency hotfix. 

1.)  Fix to soft crash on climb page (the most critical)

2.)  Fix to VNAV profiles when cruise altitude was above the mach switchover altitude.  If you do cruise alts less than @ 27000', you won't see this bug.

3.)  Fix to DCT to points on the RTE page disappearing (but still on the legs page).

If I can find / fix anymore in the next few mins before XA gets back from lunch and shoots out the hotfix, I will!

-tkyler

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, tkyler said:

2.)  Fix to VNAV profiles when cruise altitude was above the mach switchover altitude.  If you do cruise alts less than @ 27000', you won't see this bug.

3.)  Fix to DCT to points on the RTE page disappearing (but still on the legs page).

If I can find / fix anymore in the next few mins before XA gets back from lunch and shoots out the hotfix, I will!

-tkyler

Great Tom! Thank you, 

It is inspiring how fast you guys act on these issues. Great work

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, tkyler said:

-tkyler

Will the emergency hotfix include the gizmo crash when deploying and setting flaps? These were the errors.

error: 3563.149: RunLuaFunction(timer): run_Flaps: [string "ixeg.733.fmc.climb.lua.aes"]:133: attempt to get length of field 'climbSpeedRestrictions' (a nil value)
error: 3565.125: RunLuaFunction(timer): fmc_periodic: [string "ixeg.733.fmc.climb.lua.aes"]:133: attempt to get length of field 'climbSpeedRestrictions' (a nil value)

Thanks for the hard work to get this emergency hotfix out as quickly as you can! 

EDIT: Just saw on facebook the emergency hotfix will fix the flaps as well. Thank you, can't wait to fly this plane. (hopefully this evening)

Edited by poodster
  • Upvote 1

yes, that is absolutely Fix #1 above!  It was a simple typo on my part.  Sometimes when you code for 12 hours....you get some "muscle memory" in your fingers and end up typing things you shouldn't :P

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 3