Support requested after 2 tickets filled

JeanClaude

Gentlemen, 

I sent 2 tickets so far and did not solve my problem yet.

Ticket # DFU2X : sent May 16, 2016

Ticket # AZ1CQ : sent May 22, 2016

I purchased Skymax Pro April 28, 2016 and gives me sky like picture attached.

Once in a while, the sky scramble and i have to abort my flight as i can’t see anything therefore can’t land without seing the runway.
Can i cure this on fly or do y have to disable Skymax Pro ? Very disappointed with this problems as your clouds are so nice when it work !

My systems:

iMac retina 5K, 27”, late 2014
Intel Core i7, 4 Ghz
32 Go 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M295X, 4096 Mo Vram
OS X El Capitan updated to V 10.11.6

X-Plane 10 V 10.45 (64 bit)

Hope someone can solve this

JC

Skymax.png

Video driver is integrated into Mac OS therefore no access to video setting. I am Mac user as stated on my first post.

As if this happen with other aircrafts never been tested since i used Skymax Pro. Your IXEG 737 is a gem and if this problem does not happen with native aircraft would not solve my problem at all.

JC

As if 

13 minutes ago, JeanClaude said:

As if this happen with other aircrafts never been tested since i used Skymax Pro. Your IXEG 737 is a gem and if this problem does not happen with native aircraft would not solve my problem at all.

As we don't own your system, and don't have access to it, if you don't help people help you, it would not solve your problem at all either.... 

1 hour ago, JeanClaude said:

It may not solve it for you, but it will solve it for us. Isolating the issue is one step further to a fix.

As usual, used QuickFlight Setup with Weather "Few" and lather Visibility 20 NM.

But this time with Cirrus jet and fly through clouds 2 hrs without any problem.

On IXEG site with similar problem made them suspect SkyMaxx Pro

On the other hand, this test might suggest interaction between SkyMax Pro and IXEG 737 Classic. All i wish is to get those nice clouds with 737 Classic.

If this can be of any help ...

This happens with HDR off as HDR reduce frame rate by 10 so i never use HDR.

Let me throw an idea in the bucket ...

There must be a link of some sort between SkyMaxx Pro and IXEG 737 Classic.

The only one i see is the sky.

SkyMax Pro produce nice clouds

IXEG 737 Classic scan this sky with radar

Is this the link that give me problems after a while ?

The one other time I saw something like this from a customer, it turned out to be related to a defective video card that had been recalled by Apple. Your model is much newer than that one, though.

There are plenty of people using SMP and the IXEG together successfully on Macs, so I don't think there's a general incompatibility there. Do you have any other add-ons installed? If something were invalidating OpenGL textures under the hood, it would explain this sort of thing.

If there's a workaround to be had other than disabling other plugins, Cameron's right in that HDR is likely to make a difference. It is worth trying.

To butt in

I'm sure another guy had the very same problem

For the life of me i cannot recall what he did to fix it though :(

If i find the post i'll link it

Tony

Edit : Just had a look through the obvious posts in this support area, can't find the post though, so i think it may of been posted in the IXEG Support area

If i get a chance later i'll try and have a look through there

( a plugin rings a bell to me, but if you're not running any count that cause out, if you are running plugin/s, totally remove them not just put them into the disabled folder, then add one back at a time and see if any cause problems)

I'm sure the post either contained a pic like here or linked the pic

Tony

Report on HDR testing with IXEG 737:

I can now reproduce screening effect at will.

With HDR on + few cumulus = nice sky with haze but no cloud

With HDR on + cumulus sct = lots of nice clouds

With HDR off + few or no cumulus = dull sky and no cloud

With HDR off + cumulus sct = screening all over

Playing with HDR on/off and environment setting i can reproduce my problem at will. As stated before, i am suffering of a huge drop in fps. With HDR and cumulus sct on two levels give me at worse 18 fps.

PS. I don't understand myself why Gizmo is not listed but this is the way IXEG has installed 737 Classic and it work nicely !

JC

Edited by JeanClaude

I found the post and actually i had replied to it, no idea if it is of any importance .............

A guy had his imac go for repairs, came back fixed

Tried x-plane, got those same artifacts

In the end he repaired his imac os (no idea i'm a windows user) this sorted it

Then, another reason was the gpu getting hot, so if you think your gpu is on the tad warm side, try better cooling, i even use a small desk fan on a large external rad to cool my loop in the summer (if we ever get a proper a summer in england lol)

But if you've sorted it then all's good

Tony

on the mac there is a utility SMC FAN CONTROL which allows you to override the OS fan settings (it's safe, you cannot lower fan speed, just the opposite) so you can make the machine cooler. it will allow you to monitor the temperature also.

• Upvote 1

Tchou,

Knowing there's a Util for fan speeds/profile, i will add to posts regarding mac overheating problems as/when i stumble upon them, might help other users

Hopefully with no response from JeanClaude, he's maybe got it running sweet as a nut, and loving every cloud and passing hour flight-time-wise :)

Have Fun

Tony

Many thanks for your kind supports.

Maybe SkyMax Pro is optimized to be used with HDR on witch i did not know. Will it be improved to be used with HDR off ?

The key to my problem is to use HDR and to do so i had to reduce scenery complexity, viewing distance ect... Made backup of HD mech, some commercial scenery that eat my fps. I can now use HDR at that price and enjoy and fly through those wonderful clouds produced by SkyMax Pro.

I always used external fan to cool my Mac. The all aluminum back is used as a heat sink and become warm after 30 min. of flying. So my little fan do his job.

As Defiance_co said "he's maybe got it running sweet as a nut, and loving every cloud and passing hour flight-time-wise" 

Yes i do

JC

27 minutes ago, JeanClaude said:

Maybe SkyMax Pro is optimized to be used with HDR on witch i did not know. Will it be improved to be used with HDR off ?

I always used external fan to cool my Mac. The all aluminum back is used as a heat sink and become warm after 30 min. of flying. So my little fan do his job.

I think everything nowadays is optimized for HDR on, this is such an improvement in the lighting and the esthetics. And with machines getting more and more powerfull, I'm not sure the setting will be on X-plane 11 you may not be able to disable it anymore. 

The Alu back of the iMac is not sufficient, the only mac that is cooled OK, is the old Mac Pro (And G5), the towers.

The iMacs need to slow down their frequency to stay not too warm (they are not cool anyway).

I have a 5K iMac (the first one with all options : 4GHz with 4.4GHz turbo,1 Tb SSD and the High End Graphic card,

see what's going on when you start using it (the window is 1minute large):

Capture d’écran 2016-06-04 à 18.02.33.png

and 3 minutes later, the frequency starts to drop, in less than 5 minutes. 

Capture d’écran 2016-06-04 à 18.05.36.png

X-plane is worse because it loads as well the CPU and the GPU (I used a video encoding software for the demo, GPU is not used). 

In that case the back of the machine was still cool.

• Upvote 1

@JeanClaude

i do have the exact same imac than yours. can you attach please a screen capture of your xplane rendering settings?? your skymaxpro settings are just ok and won't affect the imac.

what resolution are you running at? please attach your renderings.

note: as tchou suggested abobe you better install immediately MAC FAN CONTROL it is free, otherwise the GPU will keep throttling down due to temps and frame rates dipping hard from nowhere. You also risk to damage it. This 2014 retina 5k imac is certainly not well designed for running an app like xplane. The latest 2015 5k imac has several improvements on the heating issue and runs a lot colder. Your room temps/ventilation will also count because this imac runs at the very edge of the hardware temp capabilities and everything counts.

Edited by mmerelles
misspelling
  • Upvote 1