17 Screenshots

About This File

Hello!

It's been almost half of a year since I released the Cassutt Racer. It's time for something new! It's time for... MX Aircraft 2!

From Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia:

The MX2 was based on the Giles G-202 aerobatic trainer, the first prototype was a modified G-202 and first flew in May 2002. The first aircraft of the initial production batch of five first flew in May 2005. The MX2 is a carbon-fibre low wing cantilever monoplane with full span ailerons and a conventional landing gear with a tailwheel. It has an enclosed cockpit for two in tandem on recling seats and a single piece canopy. The MX2 is powered by a 260 hp (194 kW) Lycoming IO-540 flat-six piston engine with a three-blade tractor propeller. Optimised for aerobatic speed and agility the MX2 can pull a G-load of plus and minus 12 Gs, giving it tight turns and loops and a range of aerobatic maneuvers.

Promo Video 1 (more to come):

This project started a few months after the Cassutt. I abandoned it soon after I saw that I won't be able to pull that project off.

So, I posted it on the org forum as an unfinished airplane.

After a while (a few months ago), I saw it abandoned in my Hangar - In Work folder.

I decided to work on it again. So I started the work and I began enjoy building it. I had to re-build the wings, the control surfaces, the canopy, gear, nose of the aircraft and edit the body.

It started to look really good, so I continued it. I published a topic on the org about the development of this aircraft which was labeled as [Freeware].

I worked hard on it every day.

I had quite some trouble finding a painter for this aircraft but then I remembered Hampster; he made the textures for the Cassutt Racer.

He was in as soon as I asked him.

So, time started to run, I got the Greg Pee livery within one week. It's been almost 3 weeks since then. I wanted to release the MX2 on the day I got the Greg Pee livery.

But since Hampster didn't reply to any of my emails, I started to shape my own white paint.

I believe that Hampster has some goodies in his "liveries" folder and as soon as I get them, I'll update the file with the liveries.

For now, there are only three liveries:

- White Paint (by me, Brent123)

- MX2 Default (by Jack Wilette, UltimateFlyer)

- Greg Pee (by Hamish Hall-Smith, Hampster)

Let's go to the features of this aircraft:

- Hi-Res textures

- Custom Prop Disc

- 3 Liveries

- Detailed 3D Cockpit

- Highly Detailed 3D Exterior Model

- Custom Sounds

- Normal Maps (mostly to hide the triangles on the model)

- A side menu made with SASL (Checklist, Aerobations & Credits)

There are two more acf files, one is v10 and the other one is "If You Dare".

Tested in X-Plane 9.7, X-Plane 10.20+, 32bit & 64bit.

The creation of this aircraft would not be possible if there weren't for these people:

- Steve Hatfield (support, flight model development, betatesting)

- Ilias Tselios (help with the cockpit, animations and SASL)

- Jack Willette (for making the "Default MX2" Livery)

- Hamish Hall-Smith (for making the "Greg Pee" livery)

- Jordan Palmer, Nathan Powell & Sara Gomboc (betatesters)

- Peter Tram, Oz Grinfeld & others (for support)

I'm really excited about what you guys think about it!

Please rate and comment!

Remember: it won't make the aircraft better if you say that it sucks, neither will if you say this is a great airplane, 4*. I will fix all of the bugs that will appear.

Enjoy it guys!

Mat

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• Initial Upload
  • Update 1: Edited photos
  • Update 2: Edited description, uploaded a new file
  • Update 3: Edited description, uploaded a new file (Nav lights reflection edit)
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Cheers..its a great aircraft, love the 3d cockpit, she flies really well too....Big thanks for sharing your skills with us and uploading it here at X-pilot!

• Upvote 1

She surely flies crazily! I did a lomeceveak (I think that is how you spell it) and managed to only recover by adding counter rudder! It is really fun! But are you sure the real one has a glass cockpit? Well done!

Lomcevak? Awesome! The cockpit is custom built, you can see it has many errors, like the thickness of the wall. It's only an idea.

Thanks, glad you like it!

Mat