About This File
CYYZ Toronto Pearson Airport
1.20 July 27, 2014 Build
Chris K and the ISDG
This is a generally stable build with no library conflicts; and all areas should be drivable and flyable. The ILS may be a fraction off due to repositioning of the runways to their orthophoto corrected locations, and verified with another 3rd party. It is also currently lacking ATC taxi-flow.
However, these omissions are not “showstoppers” per se.
- Photorealistic terrain at 30cm/pix resolution as per the USGS
- Proper Taxi Signage (was never there in any previous version of the CYYZ apt.dat it would seem)
- Recent CAP CYYZ Charts (SIDs/STARs/RWY Approaches)
- Repositioned most field objects to match the orthos, accurate within 15 cm +/-
- Fixed runway markings, blastpads, and the like to reflect reality
- Gritty ground and orthophoto texture support
- Replacement Glideslope towers
- Runway Stop Bar / Guard Lighting System (this is for YYZatcboy Joe How’s this for accuracy! )
Each runway entrance is protected by a stop bar consisting of red in-set lights located at all taxi holding positions.
This is the runway warning/occupancy indicator system in-use in Toronto, and will be familiar to most heavy metal pilots.
- Build-out of industrial parks, Eglinton Ave E, Airport Road, Dixie Road, Brittania, Dixon Road, and the Hotel Strip
- Various “Easter Eggs” with more to come in subsequent releases. (See if you can find the Tim Horton’s Coffee Shop!)
Notes on the Taxiways:
There are two versions of the taxiways included in this package.
1. Normal taxiways shown (regular asphalt, visible, drivable)
2. Hidden taxiways (regular asphalt, not shown, but still drivable)
- You can also turn off the taxiways (hide/show) by replacing the “.POL”files located in the “orthophotos/” directory. This will give the same effect as in our CYTZ Package; whereas the taxiways are only drawn as per the ortho, but with visible (XP generated) centre, edge, and-hold-line markings.
- Assuming you have the VRAM to run in extreme (native texture) resolution, you can take advantage of the full photo-realistic ground effect.
- Simply copy the appropriate files form the “/1 Hide Taxiways/” directory into the parent directory and overwrite the existing POLs.
- To restore the regular (visible) taxiways, simply copy the contents of the “/2 Show Taxiways/” into the parent directory, overwriting the POLs.
- X-Plane 10.20 or better
- OpensceneryX 2.0 (http://opensceneryx.com/)
- A Modern Video Card with MINIMUM 512Mb VRAM.
- You will want to run this scenery at “Very High” or “Extreme” Texture Resolution.
- X-Plane 10.20 64-bit and 2 Gb VRAM Video card is recommended for the Highest Texture resolutions.
Base Objects - Freeware FS2004 CYYZ Scenery:
This is a direct 1:1 conversion of FS9 Scenery by:
Howie Cassidy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Version 1.0 from July 3 2007
As per the original LICENSE:
Freeware for personal use only. No one is to reuse this work in scenery advertised as their own or to use this scenery in whole or in part for commercial gain.
[Chris K's notes]: All FS2004 Objects, Textures, and Imagery included in this scenery are © Howie Cassidy. Under no circumstance am I (or anyone else) claiming ownership of said art assets. All Rights and associated Kudos go to Howie.!
This package shall remain 100% Freeware to respect the original author's wishes.
This package uses the converted objects as per RickMTL's conversion from 2007.
Used with Permission from Rick as the base layer.
Orthophotos © The United States Geological Survey
The dataset is the 30cm/pixel US Canada Border HiRes Orthoimagery
aka. USGS Dataset “US Canada Border – UTM Zone 16″ and “UTM Zone 17″
This Imagery is in the Public Domain as per:
Copyrights and Credits
USGS-authored or produced data and information are considered to be in the U.S. public domain. When using information from USGS information products (chrisk – which we are), publications, or Web sites, we ask that proper credit be given. Credit is provided by including the following citation:
Credit: U.S. Geological Survey
Department of the Interior/USGS
The USGS home page is http://www.usgs.gov.
Scenery and 3D Object work copyright © 2012-2014 by the ISDG (International Scenery Development Group)
All other derived materials are Copyright their respective rights holders, used with permission.
You do not have to pay for this scenery. This scenery is Postcard-Ware.
Please send us a postcard if you like the work! We’d love to hear from you.
PO Box 892
North Sydney, NSW 2059
Visit our website at http://isdg.com.au/ for all our scenery packages and add-ons.
© 2012-2014 The International Scenery Development Group (ISDG)
What's New in Version 1.20
- Updated to 1.20
- 101 - Fixed Deicing Area
- - Fixed various taxiways
- - Fixed Edge markings
- - Fixed Jetways in T3
- - Fixed all parking pads
- 120 - Fixed all Aprons and Taxiways
- - Far more buildings
- - Improved Lighting
- - A very good release candidate
- - Put yellow tick markings in all locations
- - fixed all runway lead ins and outs
- - Uses LOAD_CENTER Directives for POLs, to lessen VRAM usage away from the airport.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.