X-Plane DreamTeam MD-11

I can say, i have the Permission for their MD 11 to convert to X-Plane and share it as Freeware.

Could you please provide some documentation... just remember what has happened in the past when documentation wasn't included :( Just for your sake. No one will stop you unless someone is looking for a loophole.

Could you please provide some documentation... just remember what has happened in the past when documentation wasn't included :( Just for your sake. No one will stop you unless someone is looking for a loophole.

It is done, Overland SMS has a freeware model of their MD-11. I am also an FSX user so yeah.

Dear Mr.Benedikt Samson,

>Yes i'm planing to convert the freeware Version and i will not

distribute it as Payware. it will be Freeware

Then, you can do it.

Please display notification like below on both your download site and

read-me.

For examples,

"This MD-11 is under licensed from Overland Co., Ltd.

Copyright ©2004 – 2012 Overland Co., Ltd. Layernet GmbH. All rights

reserved."

Best regards,

Overland Japan

http://www.overland.co.jp/english/index.html

http://www.facebook.com/overlandjapan

-----Original Message----- 

Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:53 AM

To: User Support

Subject: Re: MD-11 Conversation to X-Plane

Thank you for your Reponse,

Yes i'm planing to convert the freeware Version and i will not distribute it as Payware. it will be Freeware

Best Regards,

Benedikt Samson, Switzerland

Am 12. Dezember 2012 um 03:01 schrieb User Support <support@overland.co.jp>:

Dear Mr.Benedikt Samson,

This is User support from Overland Japan.

Thank you for your mail.

We have a question.

Are you planning convert freeware version of our MD11 and distribution

as freeware?

Best regards,

Overland Japan

http://www.overland.co.jp/english/index.html

http://www.facebook.com/overlandjapan

-----Original Message----- 

Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:45 AM

To: support@overland.co.jp

Subject: MD-11 Conversation to X-Plane

Dear Overland Team,

I have converted your MD11 (an wonderful Plane) to X-Plane (another Flightsim) and i want to ask for Permission, to Release it. It

would be nice, because our Community haven't an nice MD 11 and the MSFS conversations are the best.

If you gave me the Permission, i will thank you much.

Thank you

Benedikt Samson

Switzerland

Here is the E-Mail to Overland....  And Yes, i have converted the Freeware.

• Upvote 2

Take this to PM, guys. We don't need to fill up the forum with a bunch of people not trusting one another. People have the ability to be sincere, so let's be mindful of what we post with regards to doubts.

Cameron - I'm not mistrusting him! I'd love to see this stuff made but I don't want him to be cut down by the same people who cut down a certain other member of this community. I just want to make sure he's being safe. Sorry if there was misunderstanding, I tried to make it clear that I wasn't concerned about it. :(

Cameron - I'm not mistrusting him! I'd love to see this stuff made but I don't want him to be cut down by the same people who cut down a certain other member of this community. I just want to make sure he's being safe. Sorry if there was misunderstanding, I tried to make it clear that I wasn't concerned about it.

My post was not necessarily directed at you. Eversince this Dreamteam stuff has come here there has been drama internally and externally of the group.

That said, the above posted e-mail should settle the doubts you personally had, as well as Peter's.

• Upvote 2

I wasn't arguing, I was surprised they allow XPDT to convert their models, I didn't know there was a freeware MD-11.

as for this competition thing, it wasn't my intention to compete with them, it all started when Howard starting to bash at me in school and then on FB bragging about XPDT being superior then FSXP.

My intention was almost the same as Colin in this thread, I was hoping that XPDT wasn't converting payware models and distributing it as freeware (as this happened before). I thought Overland only makes Payware. Sorry for misunderstanding.

What they are saying is that it looks like you released an aircraft that included someone else's work - without their permission.

Once you release it under your own group's name it's not just for your personal use anymore (which would be allowed) and the same rules apply for freeware and payware.

Permissions like these are commonly asked for (and very often given) within this community.

What Busted???  

I can say, i used the Panels for myself.  This Version isn't tought as RC.

What you did was take Safeflight's panel from his MD-11 and release it as your own, which is a problem. My opinion is that you need to take the MD-11 down until you get permission to use his panel....