Announcing The Gate to the Great Lakes

Cameron

Wow

This is really impressive scenery and a lot of attention to detail has been put into it. 

I am really looking forward to release. I am glad the Midwest is getting highly detail scenery that you would see in Orbx type covering the West coast. Being from the Chicago area myself, would love to visits area around the west coastal areas around Michigan including, Travese City. 

Count me in to support this project. I would hope for it expand to other areas as well. 

Bob

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, RandyMyers said:

That is what I was thinking.  Available this weekend... ahhh it is Saturday.... how can we purchase this if we want to?

52 minutes ago, rodtod11 said:

So...when do we get a chance to buy it!?!?

We are currently working on wrapping it up. There is one more piece to the package we are adjusting and then we'll have it out! This weekend is still accurate. Either today sometime, or early tomorrow. :)

• Upvote 3

This looks FANTASTIC guys!!  I can't wait to buy this and try it out!  I hope there are plans to encompass the entire US, Alaska, and Hawaii with this type of realism.  I normally fly Airliners but seeing this will put me back into the GA planes quickly flying VFR ;-) GREAT JOB!!!

• Upvote 2

Cameron, I do have a question, will i still need a lot of the addons to get things working or will this scenery be a standalone without the help of addons? (Ex, 100$ of the airports that I have used need "Autogate" for the jetways to work. Will this still be the case or is it is own thing)? 

Cheers,

Brandon

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, brandbuss said:

Cameron, I do have a question, will i still need a lot of the addons to get things working or will this scenery be a standalone without the help of addons? (Ex, 100$ of the airports that I have used need "Autogate" for the jetways to work. Will this still be the case or is it is own thing)? 

Cheers,

Brandon

It is self contained, no third party libraries are needed. This does not have Autogate, but other sceneries may in the future.

• Upvote 2

so glad you made this. Michigan scenery with palm trees and tropical looking homes was annoying me lol. Plus, it's another icing/IMC day here and i cannot fly a real plane so this fulfills my fix for the day. 

AZ doesn't need scenery, they can go fly a real plane whenever lol 

Can we get KONZ, KOZW, KPTK, KFNT and downtown detroit skyline too? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, joebury2004 said:

so glad you made this. Michigan scenery with palm trees and tropical looking homes was annoying me lol. Plus, it's another icing/IMC day here and i cannot fly a real plane so this fulfills my fix for the day. 

AZ doesn't need scenery, they can go fly a real plane whenever lol 

Can we get KONZ, KOZW, KPTK, KFNT and downtown detroit skyline too? 

Detroit Skyline coming with DTW package. It definitely is IMC today....that freezing rain this morning was rough. 

Finally got it installed after some issues with authorization.  Then came the slide show!  Yes, it does hit the frame rates and I am running a new Alienware R5 with some upgrades!  I dropped the sliders to half way and did not see much difference. I lost all the buildings, and it was just not right.  Finally , I turned  "Reflection Details" as low as it would go. BIG HELP! Now I am experimenting with how high I can bring back the  rest of the sliders.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, rodtod11 said:

Finally got it installed after some issues with authorization.  Then came the slide show!  Yes, it does hit the frame rates and I am running a new Alienware R5 with some upgrades!  I dropped the sliders to half way and did not see much difference. I lost all the buildings, and it was just not right.  Finally , I turned  "Reflection Details" as low as it would go. BIG HELP! Now I am experimenting with how high I can bring back the  rest of the sliders.

Reflections are a big hitter usually. This scenery is super dense so it will take some playing around depending on your system. I get about 36 on my mediocre system. I will post my settings later so people can start around there and work forward If they are having troubles. Thank you for the support!

55 minutes ago, rodtod11 said:

a new Alienware R5

Is this the R5 with the 1080 or 1080ti?

Both are comparable cards, and I am basically running the same system as you (Alienware as well), but I do NOT have any significant FPS impacts.

In fact, I just had the following review come in from someone with a MUCH lesser system than you or I have: "First impressions is that there IS an insane amount of detail with no noticeable hit on my laptop (MacBook Pro, Mid 2015). I thoroughly enjoyed doing a memory lane lap around the old patch."

I suppose it would be difficult to apply everyone's scenario to one another though. Some people love to try and slam the sliders full right, and that's unrealistic expectations (nor is the trade-off usually worth it when it comes to gain in visuals vs performance impact)!

• Upvote 1