RudiJG1

Activation problem

13 posts in this topic

I have a weird problem with activating SkyMaxx Pro v 4.6, having updated from an earlier version. During installation, I was able to enter my email and password successfully, and the product was installed.

However, After launching XP11, when the X-Aviation license activation window appears, I'm unable to activate it, because the letter "a" (which my password includes) can not be entered in the password window. I've tried 2 different keyboards and have confirmed that the "a" key on both keyboards works in other Windows applications, such as Notepad.

I've tried to change my password under my account at X-Aviation to one without the letter "a", but of course, now I'm unable to change my password at all.

Any suggestions for this one?

19 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Copy and paste from notepad into Gizmo... Weird bug. :|

I have a similar problem with the I (i capital).

Copy/paste does not work. The I have a new look of the I after the past. I can't de-authorize/re-authorize one of my machine.

No pictures here, will try to post in the Gizmo thread.

Hello,

this morning, i have updated my X Plane 11 installations (X Plane 11.05)

Now (may be a coincidence) , my Gizmo softwares are activated on my X Plane 11 install, and my X Plane 11 Test is not happy (same SSD).

2017-09-02_09h53_57.jpg

2017-09-02_09h54_29.jpg

2017-09-02_09h55_19.jpg

Sounds to me like you may need to do a re-install from the installer for any one Gizmo product (like SkyMaxx) into your test install of X-Plane.

3 hours ago, Cameron said:

Sounds to me like you may need to do a re-install from the installer for any one Gizmo product (like SkyMaxx) into your test install of X-Plane.

Thank you for your fast reply,

On this install, i only have the IXEG. 

As usual, launching the .exe uninstall, then reinstall the plane. 

The problem remain: machine id locked. What will happen if i choose a new name for my machine (in this case, the name will be different of the name of my Windows machine)?

On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, Cameron said:

On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, birdy.dma said:

Thank you for your fast reply,

On this install, i only have the IXEG. 

As usual, launching the .exe uninstall, then reinstall the plane. 

The problem remain: machine id locked. What will happen if i choose a new name for my machine (in this case, the name will be different of the name of my Windows machine)?

Hello

A different name of the machine does not solve the problem. Have you an other idea ?

New attempt: Activate my license of my other install of X Plane (on my Cockpit-1 computer, no hardware change)

Now my main computer is locked!

18 hours ago, birdy.dma said:

New attempt: Activate my license of my other install of X Plane (on my Cockpit-1 computer, no hardware change)

Now my main computer is locked!

I can't help you until you post log files.

The most recent version of Gizmo, that the installer will automatically fetch, contains code that should elminate any MID clashes.

You have not posted a log file, we cannot verify that you have the latest copies of things installed.

Edited by Ben Russell

Today (and for 2/3 next days) i am (will be) near my third computer only.

I have saved the last working Gizmo.log (08-29), and the new broken one of today. I also join the last log.txt of X Plane.

This is for my Xp 10 install. I also have a Xp 11 on this one with the Ixeg only.

Logs.zip

9 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

I can't help you until you post log files.

The most recent version of Gizmo, that the installer will automatically fetch, contains code that should elminate any MID clashes.

You have not posted a log file, we cannot verify that you have the latest copies of things installed.

Here are the logs of my XP 11. My IXEG is activated. 

PS; i can't join my files here. They are in this thread: