Training Video's

Morten

You can double check the narrative over the procedure's second page here:

https://skyvector.com/files/tpp/1710/pdf/00067VANNUYS_C.PDF

Depending the departure runway you select, check the climb and initial heading out you should comply. Then flying offline simulate ATC giving further clearance for turning towards VNY VOR and resume the departure procedure.

at R-342 of LAX fly 038 to PMD (114.5) - or just fly 038 to PMD?

first option is correct, second option does not matches the procedure because outbound radial VTU 046 does not matches inbound radial PMD 218 (038 TO). You have to fly VTU 046 until LANGE then switch to PDM 038 TO (R-218)

note: small tip, don't let the aircraft accelerate keep it near 210-220 MAX otherwise cockpit overload may be an issue.

I know, JK. I've flown this two times on Pilotedge. Once for the rating (which was quite challenging), and once just for fun. It all comes down to being quick on the radios, the flying part is actually not that hard when you do the first short "legs" at moderate  speeds. No one (other than ATC) says that you HAVE to fly 250 knots under 10,000 feet, you just can. :)

YA BASTARDSSSS!!!! 

I DID IT!

I did plan it in the FMS but I flew just as instructed. The left side HSI (?) on VOR/ILS and the right side on MAP just to check, and to guide me on the altitudes, cause I was a bit confused about that. 

Very very interesting, and so much more fun. I'll see if I can do a movie of the flight, but apparently the IXEG doesn't let you get out of the cockpit during replay. JAN! Is it possible?

Thank you fellers, you made me one happy guitarist.

• Upvote 1

YA BASTARDSSSS!!!! 

I DID IT!

I did plan it in the FMS but I flew just as instructed. The left side HSI (?) on VOR/ILS and the right side on MAP just to check, and to guide me on the altitudes, cause I was a bit confused about that. 

Very very interesting, and so much more fun. I'll see if I can do a movie of the flight, but apparently the IXEG doesn't let you get out of the cockpit during replay. JAN! Is it possible?

Thank you fellers, you made me one happy guitarist.

It does allow external views in replay, you might just not see all animations.

Sent from mTalk

10 hours ago, axmiha said:

Did you try to save the replay then to load and reproduce? this will not work to my understanding. Upon landing use instant replay instead 'alt r' if i am not wrong or check on the flight menu

Earth magnetic field is moving regards the true geopraphycal earth north, airports worldwide are required to change their runways numbering to follow the earth magnetic shift.

Las Vegas airport re-numbered their runways by August this year. Popular 07/25 runways had to be renumbered to 08/26 (L & R) and plannning tools like skyvectors updated their nav information accordingly.

If you still see 07/25 on your sim and fmc, this means you are not subscribed to any nav database tool like navigraph or aerosoft which will update your sim navdatabase accordingly too.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/news-columns/road-warrior/magnetic-shifts-prompt-a-renumbering-for-runways-at-mccarran/

Edited by mmerelles

• 3 weeks later...

Not related, but I just landed in SAEZ (Buenos Aires) coming from SBSP (São Paulo), a 3hs flight (dist:930), and just as I touched down, the master alarm came on. "Fuel". Mama mia, thank god I'm not a real pilot. The picture is when I parked. I followed the IXEG's quick fuel planner. How does that work? The "fuel required" plus...?

Uft!

fuel.jpg

Hi,

I think that the quick planner is just that - it does not (it cannot) take into account en-route winds. Did you encounter high head winds en-route ? 3 hours for that distance tells me you did - e.g. I did 1320 nm the other day outbound was 3hrs 30min and return 3hrs 15min. I loaded around 10.6 tons for outbound and 10.1 for inbound. Zfw was 45 out, 44 inbound.

Do you have access to a planner that can calculate even the time needed based on en-route headwinds as that should be your starting point. To add to this, the distance is not air-distance - as I began to explain with the example, winds do play a huge factor in determining your flight time and therefore your fuel that you need. I've experienced simulated flights just from uk to Egypt and return that vary in time taken by an hour (half an hour quicker going and half an hour longer on the way back).

- Carl

Edited by blocks_off

Thank you. Absolutely correct. Very strong head winds. In fact the throttle was...how do you say it....way to the front (sorry) almost the whole flight. At FL360 it couldn't go faster than .69 or so. It was "struggling". In fact that was another doubt I had, about what to do when that happens. Should I go slower? Go to another altitude? But I don't want to bother with so many questions, specially about these things that are so variable - complex calculations for each flight etc. It was the first time I only followed the quick planner. I usually use the http://fuelplanner.com/ and it usually works, but I don't think it considers the winds (I guess "reserve fuel" has nothing to do with winds...?). If I remember I loaded about 19,200lbs with quiekplanner. See the picture bellow, fuelplanner.com gave me 20.222. Not too different. I use SkyVector for the routes and it has, in the navlog, a table of winds - the other picture - (directions and speeds). Is that how you know what winds you're going to encounter on your flight? (By the way, never mind the TAS. I still have to learn how to fill this thing correctly.)

SBSPSAEZ_fuel.jpg

windspeeds.jpg

Edited by axmiha

Mmm.. there's something strange in your not reaching a speed higher than .69. Mach No. is connected to TAS, it's not GS, so at full throttle you should make 0.80 no matter what's your headwind, provided you are flying with the correct attitude and your engines and surfaces are 100% clean and functional. So rather than the wind I would look for something else as the cause of the abnormal fuel consumption.

I don't remember total weight. But I'm starting the same flight again and it must have been something very similar. Payload = 15.500lbs / Fuel = 20.300lbs /  GW=108.1 / ZFW = 87.9 Let's see what happens.

..... FL220 / winds 208/22

......FL320 / winds 252/39

......FL360 / winds 257/42...and...cruising now at FL360 m0.74 no problem. Yesterday I climbed not in VNAV (like now), but in LVL-CHG, and in a lower speed (around 0.68). So at FL360 I had to go from 0.68 to 0.73 but it was accelerating too slowly and I thought something was wrong. Winds were stronger yesterday but not so much. I hate to waste your time like this, fellers, although your replies are great for me to learn. But I'll continue with the training videos.

• Upvote 1