About This File
It's been almost half of a year since I released the Cassutt Racer. It's time for something new! It's time for... MX Aircraft 2!
From Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia:
The MX2 was based on the Giles G-202 aerobatic trainer, the first prototype was a modified G-202 and first flew in May 2002. The first aircraft of the initial production batch of five first flew in May 2005. The MX2 is a carbon-fibre low wing cantilever monoplane with full span ailerons and a conventional landing gear with a tailwheel. It has an enclosed cockpit for two in tandem on recling seats and a single piece canopy. The MX2 is powered by a 260 hp (194 kW) Lycoming IO-540 flat-six piston engine with a three-blade tractor propeller. Optimised for aerobatic speed and agility the MX2 can pull a G-load of plus and minus 12 Gs, giving it tight turns and loops and a range of aerobatic maneuvers.
Promo Video 1 (more to come):
This project started a few months after the Cassutt. I abandoned it soon after I saw that I won't be able to pull that project off.
So, I posted it on the org forum as an unfinished airplane.
After a while (a few months ago), I saw it abandoned in my Hangar - In Work folder.
I decided to work on it again. So I started the work and I began enjoy building it. I had to re-build the wings, the control surfaces, the canopy, gear, nose of the aircraft and edit the body.
It started to look really good, so I continued it. I published a topic on the org about the development of this aircraft which was labeled as [Freeware].
I worked hard on it every day.
I had quite some trouble finding a painter for this aircraft but then I remembered Hampster; he made the textures for the Cassutt Racer.
He was in as soon as I asked him.
So, time started to run, I got the Greg Pee livery within one week. It's been almost 3 weeks since then. I wanted to release the MX2 on the day I got the Greg Pee livery.
But since Hampster didn't reply to any of my emails, I started to shape my own white paint.
I believe that Hampster has some goodies in his "liveries" folder and as soon as I get them, I'll update the file with the liveries.
For now, there are only three liveries:
- White Paint (by me, Brent123)
- MX2 Default (by Jack Wilette, UltimateFlyer)
- Greg Pee (by Hamish Hall-Smith, Hampster)
Let's go to the features of this aircraft:
- Hi-Res textures
- Custom Prop Disc
- 3 Liveries
- Detailed 3D Cockpit
- Highly Detailed 3D Exterior Model
- Custom Sounds
- Normal Maps (mostly to hide the triangles on the model)
- A side menu made with SASL (Checklist, Aerobations & Credits)
There are two more acf files, one is v10 and the other one is "If You Dare".
Tested in X-Plane 9.7, X-Plane 10.20+, 32bit & 64bit.
The creation of this aircraft would not be possible if there weren't for these people:
- Steve Hatfield (support, flight model development, betatesting)
- Ilias Tselios (help with the cockpit, animations and SASL)
- Jack Willette (for making the "Default MX2" Livery)
- Hamish Hall-Smith (for making the "Greg Pee" livery)
- Jordan Palmer, Nathan Powell & Sara Gomboc (betatesters)
- Peter Tram, Oz Grinfeld & others (for support)
I'm really excited about what you guys think about it!
Please rate and comment!
Remember: it won't make the aircraft better if you say that it sucks, neither will if you say this is a great airplane, 4*. I will fix all of the bugs that will appear.
Enjoy it guys!
What's New in Version 1.0
- Initial Upload
- Update 1: Edited photos
- Update 2: Edited description, uploaded a new file
- Update 3: Edited description, uploaded a new file (Nav lights reflection edit)