Jump to content

cmbaviator

Members
  • Posts

    437
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by cmbaviator

  1. Hi guys, I did a flight yesterday using Smartcockpit 1.4.2, and there is a huge improvement compared to 1.0.5, however, the only Bug I saw is that even if both FMC has the same SID and STAR entered, the slave one doesn't display the correct SID and star. For example if the master enter SID XX and Star YY, the slave will see that the SID XX and star YY has been entered in the DEP/ARR menu but in the leg page, the waypoint entered are from another sid and star like from SID ZZ and STAR GG. So that's mean that the slave can't be the PF as when activating his AP with LNAV and VNAV, it will follow the wrong path. We both have the same airac 1606 from navigraph and that's with the no weather CFG 1.4.2 CFG file
  2. Ah okay, thanks, yeah I did enter a value in plan as i used realistic fueling time
  3. Well i still have the issue that during descent, in the int ref page, the GW for the landing was still the one calculated when i entered the ZFW during the pre flight. Hopefully i can "force a value" by manually entering a value. Shouldn't the GW automatically updates or the pilot must manually enter the estimated LDW ?
  4. Jan said that you never disengage A/T during normal operation, you shoulkd just press on N1/or speed to disable the AT and synch the ghost throttle and you are good
  5. Is that a custom shake software made by IXEG or did they implement one already existing ?
  6. Ah okay, thanks for the info, i'll wait until it gets in xplane 10.50 if that's correct
  7. I was a pro airbus so I used the airbus Vapp philosophy: Vls ( is the stall speed under 1G with a scurity margin of 23%) I thought boieng used the same philosophy, ie +5 kts was mandatory, guess i'm wrong. so for <B737Ng, you only add the full HD component ? so if no wind, Vapp = vref ? Maybe some B737Cl pilots can shed some lights on the matter
  8. regarding Vapp, i normally use : Vref + 5kts ( mandatory) + 1/3 of HD wind component = Vapp
  9. lol Jan, thats the default one for 10.45 (Steam Version); how should Klax look ? My setting are on high and that's with a gtx 980ti
  10. The probleme is that currently we can only descent at T/D as the the des now is not working currently
  11. yeah that was my first time landing with my left hand as i am a right handed person. even though, I still have a hard time landing on the centerline...
  12. If you clone your old SSD to the new one, you shoud have no issue. otherwise, you'll have to reactivate it. I activated on my desktop and laptop so there is no issue activating on multiple PC it seems.
  13. is that smooth enough ? xD. I now need to learn how to "center line"...
  14. brake to vacate is only the A350/A380 and maybe on the B787
  15. thanls for the tips regarding kiss landing i think it's also based on experience, when you have more than 500 hrs on an aircraft you can do kiss landing with minimal of floating, well thats what i see on the videos
  16. but if you don't select a runway, there is a discontinuity then.... you can still enter the assumed arrival runway and if the wind has changed enroute, you can then change the arrival runway.
  17. i think so, you have to have no discontinuities between your departure and arrival runway,
  18. any way it's not a big deal if you enter the correct ILS course provided in the charts, but could be a big deal if you perform an LNAV approach
  19. Nice writing Rick, maybe you can tell me how to land on the centerline, because I even have lots of trouble to do so even with no crosswind component , and it's a shame because i'm starting to master the flaring. above 200 fts AGL, it seems that I'm aligned on the center line but below 200 fts, well i notice that i'm no way correclty aligned with the center line I've seen lots of pilot making kiss landing and in every conditions ( clear weather, rain, heavy wind, turbulence....) I think as long as you have plenty of runway length, you can afford a kiss landing but not so on short runways. you can see that on this landing , i performed a firm landing knowing that i couldn't afford to float too much because of this short runway.
  20. Ah Okay, i use the HDR one
  21. Normally after entering the flight plan you should : * check the flightplan with the map selection on the EFIS and see if there is no discontinuities...... * Check that the contraints in speed and altitude for each waypoint is respected ( check your airport chart). for you point B, you should have checked the altitude on the airport chart and entered it in the CDU in the leg page, if the chart doesn't provide any altitude contraint for WPT B, just dlete the altitdue and the FMC will recalculate a new value between FL 070-FL060
  22. Well i upgraded from a 970 to a 980ti and i haven't seen any FPS boost even with a 4790k@4.6 Ghz, hopefully i don't only play on xplane10. i still can't believe i'm CPu limited with that CPU. But why as the clouds density is increased, the GPU usage doesn't increase. they are rendered by the GPU but its usage is not increasing ie less FPS, I still don't get As said before, going from clear sky conditions to a cloudy conditions, will result in the same GPU usage but less fps, BUT there are more things to render ( the clouds), why doesn't the GPU increases its workload ? /Xplane10 rant on I hope laminar will make XPlane 11 more multi core firendly because it will suck otherwise. I think that currently even P3DV2/V3 is more optmised (CPU usage > 75% and i was a video where someonne having A SLI with both GPU > 75%. I remember that on p3DV2.3 I could have 30+ FPS with the PMDG B777 with clouds rendering up to 200 Km with ASN, Now with skymaxx, even with the slider at max, it looks like the clouds are rendered up to 30Nm which is less immersive, hopefully the IXEG B737 is here to make me happy on XPlane /Xplane 10 rant over
  23. that's right mate, i went from a gtx 970 to a GTX 980ti and no FPS gains, hopefully I don't play only on Xplane10... and I have a 4790k@4.6 Ghz which is the second best CPU for gaming so even with that CPU, there is no point having a GPU above the 970. However the 1070 is good choice if you have to upgrade as it is a cheap as a GTX970 but with thye 980ti performance and over 6Gb of VRAM.
  24. is there an anti aliasing setting in Xplane ?
×
×
  • Create New...