Windows Crash Issues with 1.1.1? Post here!

Cameron

This topic is for those experiencing problems on Windows with version 1.1.1 or above of the CRJ.

Please do NOT post in this topic unless you have read and followed the procedure in the following topic: http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=2486.0

If you have followed the procedures as listed in the topic that brought you here, please attach your log.txt and crash.txt located in your main X-Plane directory. Give a brief explanation of what happened as well.

Thank you!

Tom, the only change that effects PC users is:

- Lite version patched to work with license system. Some people reported they could not get the Lite version to work. This is fixed in this small update.

as you can read in the announcement.

Cheers,

Philipp

Tom, the only change that effects PC users is:

- Lite version patched to work with license system. Some people reported they could not get the Lite version to work. This is fixed in this small update.

as you can read in the announcement.

Cheers,

Philipp

Hi Philipp,

of course I did not read mac announcements. :-)

Cheers Tom

Gday , I am still having the issue of as soon as I select the APU Gen xplane freezes.  Even selecting the APU Gen switch before the APU is ready, as soon as the APU is available, it freezes.  I have installed v 1.1.1, removed all my plugins except the ones listed not to remove.  I am currently downloading the demo to try but not holding much hope.  Files attached. Hope you can help. ps: This does not happen in V1

crash_log.txt

Log.txt

Your log file does not show anything scary.

A user has reported the freezing issue when having Google Chrome running in the background. While I don't have this issue, it might be worthwhile to check for running applications in the background, especially those utilizing hardware accelerated graphics, like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 9, Flash player,...

Also, the old crash_log mentions methods of the ATI driver. You should look whether an update is available from ATI for your graphics card.

Philipp

• 1 month later...

The crash log shows an X-Plane scenery crash, not a CRJ Avionics crash.

Do you have any custom scenery installed for Valencia?

Maybe your system is running out of VRAM with the CRJ and a highly detailed scenery. You might try lowering the texture resolution by one notch.

Philipp

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I'm having issues running xsquawkbox with the CRJ since X-plane updated to 9.70. I am in a clean Demo copy only working with the CRJ required plugins +/- xsquawkbox. With xsquakbox installed, I have a CTD upon either starting the external power or the APU generator.

I have a E8600 overclocked to 3.6 GHz and an 8800 GT card (also overclocked), 2 GB RAM. I was routinely enjoying 35-40 FPS on my windows 7 setup before this mess. I updated to the latest NVIDIA drivers and the most recent (i.e. working with 9.70) copy of xsquakwbox to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

crash_log.txt

Log.txt

Hi Cameron,

Yes I can confirm I am using the latest hotfix (i.e. available through Wade's homepage but not on the main download page).

While tinkering I also found a workaround to the problem if I 1) start up x-plane normally and enable the xsquawkbox plug, 2) disable xsquawkbox from the plugin admin menu, 3) start up the CRJ past the "APU gen on" step and 4) enable xsquawkbox from the plugin admin menu.

Hope this helps,

Brad

• 4 weeks later...

As suggested by Javier in the tutorial, i have on the top Openscenery x, then 00_valencia,LESA_SalamancaMatacan,valencia_3d.

About vram, can you suggest me a 580gtx with 1.5 or 3 megs of ram ?

Danke Philip.

I have just installed a 3 go 580gtx.

Now i can fly with the 3d scenery of Valencia. About 2 go of vram are used.

Somewhere i saw a post of Philipp about a new technology to display panels on a second screen. Will you use this techno for the CRJ.

About real pilots: Bravo VETTEL.

I have just installed a 3 go 580gtx.

Now i can fly with the 3d scenery of Valencia. About 2 go of vram are used.

Good choice!!

You will have much fun with X-Plane 10 with such a powerful video card.

Somewhere i saw a post of Philipp about a new technology to display panels on a second screen. Will you use this techno for the CRJ.

"Somewhere" probably refers to posting on Google+:

Yes, this technology comes to the CRJ - but don't ask for a date.

Philipp

GOOOOOOD.

I am going to buy a second sceen to connect to my GTX580 for MFD and HUD of Falcon BMS, and now for future realese of the CRJ. Should i choose a 23 inches touch sreen for the CRJ ? Or this feature will only be usable with a second computer or tablet. ?

I am impressed by your developements.