X-Aviation activations

unc1rlm

I am totally new at the download and activation procedures for x-aviation products. I have downloaded Skymaxx Pro and the Dc-3. My situation is this. I am trying to run x-plane on two computers. I have copied xplane to both machines. On computer (1) I assume if set up right is master.. I believe in Gizmo..windows...X-A Activation..it lists both Skymax Pro with expiry 155days and the DC-3 with 178 days.  Part of the problem has been the activation screen kept popping up on both machine..so I would fill in..etc and it would come up with no slot or license or something like that which has taken out my downloads from X-Aviation. Now on Machine 2.. I decided to uninstall both because what I had done previously was slmply copy from the master machine the x-plane folder after adding plugins..etc to have an exact copy on both machines..not  realizing  that the machine id of the master was being copied to the slave. So I uninstalled both and reinstalled both on machine 2. The DC-3 activated ok but not Skymaxx Pro because I have no downloads left. So I am in a pickle.. So I guess what I am asking in a long round about way..should all programs be installed separately on each machine..etc  and I guess individual copies of xplane  made for each machine... I am new to all this.  Still trying to figure out how to network both but that's another question..another day.  BTW the Dc-3 is awesome.

Thanks,

Bob Morehead

Bob,

Yes, both machines should have fresh installs of the products from the actual installers.

That said, if you are missing your SkyMaxx Pro installer the process would be to re-download (what's the order number?) or copy JUST the SilverLining folder located in your master machines plugins folder over to the new machine AFTER installing the DC3 fresh from am installer.

Easiest and cleanest route will always be from an installer rather than copying though!

Cameron....thank u..I paid and downloaded xplane yesterday for second machine. My sky Maxx pro ord er number is 31026..no downloads left. I will have to log off and come back and post my order number for dc3. I believe my sky Maxx pro and d 3 is ok on main machine but I couldn't get any knows to turn...etc... well anyway when I download dc3 I will be out of downloads....Thank u..... Bob Morehead....my order number for dc3 is 32819...

Edited by unc1rlm
added 2nd order number

Just a question, what happens if your downloads expire and you need to redownload the product for any reason? Is it like PMDG and other developers, we pay a small fee for extended download? Or is there another process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, WR269 said:

Just a question, what happens if your downloads expire and you need to redownload the product for any reason? Is it like PMDG and other developers, we pay a small fee for extended download? Or is there another process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Utilizing the contact form on X-Aviation will create a support ticket for you. Explaining to us the need for the reset will 99% of the time result in us offering a free reset of the download for you.

This is also explained in our terms (section 5): http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/conditions.php 

• 5 months later...

Hello everybody, 

I want to know if it's normal to expect 1 week for an answer of x-aviation for the activation of my add-on.

In fact, I just change my computer and because of 3 crashs, I was obliged to reinstall all of my add-on.

For the 4th time, we need to activate by x-aviation.

This is scandalous, I'm still waiting and no answer about x-aviation.

What's wrong with this company?

I will never ordering at x-aviation

Regards from France :-)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, écolier said:

This is scandalous, I'm still waiting and no answer about x-aviation.

It looks more like ignorance on your part.

I have just looked up your support ticket history. You have sent in a support ticket EVERY day since your initial one...sometimes twice a day.

Do you just ignore all text that is presented to you on support web pages? The contact page specifically says: "Please do not send multiple e-mails or this will delay our response to you!"

Immediately following you sending in a support ticket, a page with big red text is presented to you: "If you send multiple e-mails this will delay our response to you. Do not do this! Typical response time is 3 days or less."

This one is on you, sir.