What does it take to make something like this?

Moose1

Hi IXEG team,

I have been an admirer of your work for a few years now, and have been very intrigued as to how complicated everything is. What does it take to do what you guys are doing? I have never been the person to wonder how these planes are made, but you guys have really brought the interest for me, and I think I'll respect it more if I understand how it's done.

-moose

53 minutes ago, Cameron said:

This is a very loaded question. Skill, technical understanding, some pretty gross math and algorithms, 3D modeling, texturing...all of this comes together to play into it.

The easiest way to answer 'What does it take?'...

5 years and a team of four dedicated artists.

And to answer this question SPECIFICALLY about the IXEG team and their 733, you'd need a few pages. Even if you have people who are extremely skilled at most of these things, you're not going to have an aircraft of as high quality as the 733 is. The team has someone who can do every single one of these, and can do them well. Crazy respect for these guys :)

8 hours ago, Cameron said:

This is a very loaded question. Skill, technical understanding, some pretty gross math and algorithms, 3D modeling, texturing...all of this comes together to play into it.

The easiest way to answer 'What does it take?'...

5 years and a team of four dedicated artists.

Well, I think the most important asset is that you have to be exceptionally good-looking! B)

Jan

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Litjan said:

Well, I think the most important asset is that you have to be exceptionally good-looking! B)

Jan

So much so that you'll be included as a 3D model visible from the outside view? :lol:

That might actually be a source of revenue, professional 3D pilot model for virtual aircraft :lol::lol: 

Edited by BaBene
  • Upvote 1