Saab crashing

cpl159

Your log indicates that X-Plane itself is crashing. Not any particular plugin.

Try removing / disabling the X-saitekpanels plugin, it's been an issue in the past with GIzmo.

If that doesn't work you'll need to start tracing your issue against a demo copy of X-Plane.

You have a very large amount of things installed and any one of them could be the root cause.

It is not the plugin that crashes the plane. The plugin itself works great. It is the Saab_340_Xsaitekpanels.lua file that is a problem. Or to be exact a few lines in it. I wrote that code but never had time to fix the bugs.

Edited by iGoApp
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Airmac101 said:

I have same issue. Each time I try to use on of dully paid and downloaded planes (Douglas DC3 - Saab - Mitsubishi) X-plane crashes. Other plane are fine. What do you need me to attach (as log) to assist)?

How about an explanation in full of what you've done to dig yourself a hole.

Your logs reveal a lot about the state of your X-Plane installation. I can see that you've been "exploring" the contents of Extension Manager, possibly installing things that don't come in the box. 

Your Log.txt also looks edited. It's missing the entire sequence of plugin load and start but contains the plugin exit log items.

Please don't mess around. Just be straight with your facts.

• Downvote 1

More than happy to provide details. I re-installed the whole X-plane on a new drive. Once this was done, I added each plane I previously downloaded. I re-installed from original new download various plugins. When I re-downloaded the 3 items from X-Aviation I bought, 2 of the plane worked, the SAAB auto start would crash x-plane each time I launch it. I took out one by one the Plugins and re-installed several time. Same for the Gismo plugin (deleted item in plugins) and re-install the SAAB plane.

For my logs... I did not edit, remove or change the content. I found them in X-plane folder and added them here.

I am grateful for any support, but please drop the condescending tone. My account at x-aviation is clear, items were bought and paid for. I respect too much the valuable time of people to "mess around". I do not edit items I present and I "did not dig a hole".

Again, I am very happy and extremely greatful to receive any help, but I am not 5 years old and hope you neither are.

I have added every txt file I found in my x-plane folder. Hope this help

thank you in advance

Cycle Dump.txt

Data.txt

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

38 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Please send us the logs immediately after the crash.  These logs don't have any mention of the crash, suggesting you ran the sim normally, with another aircraft, after the crash.  This resets the txt files.

I will do so right away per your instruction and reload logs.

thank you

3 minutes ago, Airmac101 said:

I will do so right away per your instruction and reload logs.

thank you

I Have done as instructed. Ran sim with no issue with a default plane. Quit Application. Restart and load the SAAB. I have added the capture screen of the SAAB as soon al loaded by x-plane. Once this is closed and try AUTOSTART (screen capture as well) the program crashes.

Please let me know if anything else needed.

Cycle Dump.txt

Data.txt

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Autostart screenshot.png

ScreenShot SAAB load complete.png

Ok, this may be a bit much to do, but it's the only way to narrow it down.  

First, can you confirm you have the very latest release of the Saab.  Version 1.3.  To find this, go to your user preferences in the Gizmo sidebar.  It will state the version number in there.

If it IS the current version, you will need to do a little work.  Please remove every single plugin you have, EXCEPT Gizmo.  Physically remove the folders out of your X-Plane installation.  Your logs indicate you have quite a few things going on in your x-plane installation.

Re-launch X-Plane and try to start up the Saab.  If it does start up, without a crash, then the problem is caused by some kind of conflict with another plug in.

Shut down x-plane and replace each plugin, 1 at a time, relaunching x plane each time, until the crash happens.  Once the crash happens, please post back which plugin is causing it.

If it STILL crashes, with every plugin removed, post back the log files again.

5 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Ok, this may be a bit much to do, but it's the only way to narrow it down.  

First, can you confirm you have the very latest release of the Saab.  Version 1.3.  To find this, go to your user preferences in the Gizmo sidebar.  It will state the version number in there.

If it IS the current version, you will need to do a little work.  Please remove every single plugin you have, EXCEPT Gizmo.  Physically remove the folders out of your X-Plane installation.  Your logs indicate you have quite a few things going on in your x-plane installation.

Re-launch X-Plane and try to start up the Saab.  If it does start up, without a crash, then the problem is caused by some kind of conflict with another plug in.

Shut down x-plane and replace each plugin, 1 at a time, relaunching x plane each time, until the crash happens.  Once the crash happens, please post back which plugin is causing it.

If it STILL crashes, with every plugin removed, post back the log files again.

I appreciate the support here. I will proceed and advise again.

After investigation and discussion with Jim Gregory, the Saab Systems Author, I personally believe it's probably the "124thATC" plugin you have in use.

Everything else seems pretty ordinary and is something I've seen running before on other peoples systems.

Thanks for your help and patience tracking down this new issue.

Just now, Ben Russell said:

After investigation and discussion with Jim Gregory, the Saab Systems Author, I personally believe it's probably the "124thATC" plugin you have in use.

Everything else seems pretty ordinary and is something I've seen running before on other peoples systems.

Thanks for your help and patience tracking down this new issue.

indeed... after processing plugins as you instructed, this is the issue. It is fixed now with latest version of plugin. should anyone else have this issue, in order to work properly, 124thATC version 2.0 is needed.

thank you again in assisting. My apologies for extra work caused.

• Upvote 1