Some errors and possible modifications that could improve the airplane.

StormyPilot

First of all I want to say thanks for the C152, it's very enjoyable to fly and fine work overall.

I thought I'd bring to your attention some things that I feel might be improved from what I've noticed so far that hasn't already been reported.

Artificial horizon missing turn lines (added in white on one side as example).

Turn coordinator missing lines for standard turns (added in white on one side as example).

The ball is also a little hard to see at a distance due to it's similar colouration to the background and/or lack of shading around the edges.

Altimeter settings are broken, this is the lowest altitude I'm able to set (as QNH reaches 0 at this point). I use an add-on that shows the actual QHN (up on the left). This is the only aircraft I have of dozen, paywares and freewares alike, that has this issue so I'm assuming something has gone a little wrong in the altimeters coding.

Addendum since first version of post: After some further testing of the altimeter settings I've found that it only starts showing the millibars in the little window at 3 o'clock on the altimeter at 3100 millibars at altitude of 670 ft. Then maxing out (altimeter wont turn further) while showing 2900 millibars and 1250 ft. Not sure if the arrow at 7 is an indicator of 7000' but then shouldn't the shorter arrow attached to the spinner be there as well?

In any case there are signs indicating problems with the altimeter here, so besides a general fix it would be nice to see the altimeter setting figures at all times in the window at 3 o'clock.

That aside I think I speak for most Europeans when I say that the addition of a window on the 9 o'clock for QNH would be something that wouldn't go unnoticed nor be unappreciated by us pilots this side of the pond.   ;)

Are the two black areas intended to be blank? (circled in white)

Is it just me or is the elevator trim rather slow to move in this particular airplane? Might be the same for rudder and aileron trim, not sure.

And finally, is the attitude reaction to dropping flaps a little to aggressive compared to the real thing?

Cheers, StormyPilot.

post-1488-131369584924_thumb.jpg

post-1488-131369584927_thumb.jpg

post-1488-131369584931_thumb.jpg

post-1488-131369584938_thumb.png

Hi, there,

Thanks for the feedback. Added to the list to look over. ;)

Thanks for the quick response and possitive reaction to the post. I realize any fine work is a gradual process and a lot of small little kinks will only become apparent after launch, so seeing as I really like the aircraft I thought I'd do what I could to help it to improve further still. If the quality of work wasn't already there then I would not have put in the effort to make such a post in the first place.

So it can't be said other than you guys certainly deliver the highest quality of aircraft for X-Plane and are a step ahead off the competition there and offer customer service to do them justice. I know I'm starting to sound a little to much like a fanboy to my own liking but credit is due where it's due. :)

StormyPilot.

is it possible you post the list of planned fixes in one thread?

Due to a crazy workload and limited time to devote while prepping for a few other things, I can't do so right now. It's a bit more technical than a notepad to do list that can be copied and pasted. ;) I'll see if I can't get Airbus to put it up.

When I get around to it, I'll do so, though I think that if further things are no longer immediately visible and reports die down, we'll be just fine.

Just noticed one more thing. While flying a short cross-country I was performing a FREDA check when I noticed I couldn't find any manipulator to adjust the heading indicator to adjust it for gyrodrift from the magnetic compass.

Nice work on including a manipulator for the artificial horizon's aircrafts nose pitch attitude indicator though, you don't see that implemented often.

Ta, StormyPilot.

Trying to help improving this wonderful aircraft, I found a strange bug at night with all lights off, the left nav light (red) still on and a series of strange red and green lines are present in the trailing edge of the main wings (screenshot attached). Hope that this could also be included for the next update.

Alex

post-811-13136958503_thumb.png

Thats the glow off the nave lights. I intentionally made it like that.

...and that's nice. but problem is: red nav light is always on, even when turned off.

Hi, guys,

We'll look into this. That's definitely a weird one, as X-Plane controls nav lights itself, and we have not created any custom exterior lights on this aircraft.

Thanks for the patience.

This aircraft is superb. Congratulations for this amazing 3D work.

Here are two small suggestions for improvement :

1- The turn coordinator's ball moves in the wrong direction and too far. It can disappear from view.

2- There is a small slit between the top of the instrument panel and the bottom of the front window. It becomes very obvious when the sky is clear. See attached screen capture.

post-217-131369585188_thumb.png