SkyMaxx Pro Tweaked.

Tom Knudsen

Just as I liked it

<br />

<br />Reverted back to Version 1.2 and tweaked silverlining.config changing these settings

<br />

<br />default-turbidity = 1

<br />metaball-texture-dimension = 64

<br />ambient-scattering = 0.78

<br />

<br />Cirrus

<br /># Fog color inside cloud

<br />stratus-fog-red = 0

<br />stratus-fog-blue = 0

<br />stratus-fog-green = 0

<br />

<br />Snow-flakes

<br /># The color of snowflakes. Pure white looks a little cartoonish.

<br />snow-color-r = 0.4

<br />snow-color-g = 0.4

<br />snow-color-b = 0.4

<br />

<br />Just my preferences, not done yet..

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

post-8124-142092977501_thumb.png

Nice to know, how come i reduced/eliminated the bluish color in the clouds when setting fog color to zero, cirrus and cumulus..

I don't know. That fog color is entirely unused in Skymaxx Pro. That bluish color was eliminated in later versions of SkyMaxx Pro, so if you want to get rid of it, just upgrade. Maybe you moved to a newer version of SMP at the same time you made that configuration change.

And are there any way to copy the cloud shadow effect to version 1.2

No.

I think that is the best working version so far

I think it's because you've been messing around with Skymaxx Pro's internal configuration file from 1.2 and expecting it to work properly with 2.x - you can't mix and match config files from different versions. There have been countless improvements since SMP 1.2. If you're happy with your current configuration however, by all means keep it.

Edited by sundog

Hi John

Well i believe it narrows Down to preferences really. Not as much performance.. I have an i73770K OC to 4.6Ghz and a 4GB GTX770 factory OC and 16GB of RAM, so It should not affect me that much. Have easily over 40 frames with my render setup and that is uniformal meaning all over the world regardless of city and cloud setting in SMP PRO

I just like how the clouds are in Version 1.2, it may be the same as in v2 but somewhat different. Purhaps it is just me but I feel SMP in Version 1.2 is better and more fluient (that spelled ok?)

Anway, I do miss the cloud shadows tough, but it is not essential for flying so I can do without. And I have reduced the "bluish tint" in the clouds I belive and With HDR and no terrahaze installed it seems to be working just fine, even With cloud quality aka 1024 at max.

Only thing I need to find a fix for is the ambient strenght in the clouds, especially the cirrus clouds seem a bit too white for my tast..

Any idea?

I know you do not support previous Versions John, and I am not trying to say you need to move backward at all, I have downloaded that latest update but will stick to 1.2 for a while.

PS..
That is the great thing about SMP and having all Versions on disk, you can find the one you like and use that..

Edited by Tom Knudsen